Boomzap User Forums

Full Version: Bug Reports and Technical Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you have any problems while playing Redleaf Forest, please share it with us so we can fix it. Thank you! Smile
(06-02-2014 02:20 PM)Monika Wrote: [ -> ]If you have any problems while playing Redleaf Forest, please share it with us so we can fix it. Thank you! Smile

Hello, I've run into an issue playing the Big Fish collector's edition. I believe I'm on chapter six. When I try to play the painting mountain miniature section, I get a black screen. I can click on places and paint the mountain which lights up, but the paints, etc are black.

I had another puzzle with a similar issue in the fishing shack area, but the background was only distorted so I could solve it. A graphical distortion appeared in the river background after this, but it's gone now.

Full screen/windowed does not fix the issue.

I am running Windows 10 Home, with the anniversary update.

I can provide more system specs if that helps.

Thanks!
(10-02-2016 05:55 AM)zaphiel Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2014 02:20 PM)Monika Wrote: [ -> ]If you have any problems while playing Redleaf Forest, please share it with us so we can fix it. Thank you! Smile

Hello, I've run into an issue playing the Big Fish collector's edition. I believe I'm on chapter six. When I try to play the painting mountain miniature section, I get a black screen. I can click on places and paint the mountain which lights up, but the paints, etc are black.

I had another puzzle with a similar issue in the fishing shack area, but the background was only distorted so I could solve it. A graphical distortion appeared in the river background after this, but it's gone now.

Full screen/windowed does not fix the issue.

I am running Windows 10 Home, with the anniversary update.

I can provide more system specs if that helps.

Thanks!

Hi zaphiel! It seems some of the assets were not downloaded properly during the installation, which is causing the black screen. We would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Please follow our instructions below to make sure that your progress is saved.

1. Click the Start/Windows button on your Windows 10 desktop
2. Type "%appdata%" in the search box to go to the Roaming folder
3. In the Roaming folder, open the Boomzap folder
4. Look for the Awakening_RedleafForest folder
5. Right-click the folder and select Copy
6. Paste the folder in a different, safe location such as your desktop
7. Make sure the duplicate folder contains .rms files
8. On your Big Fish Game Manager, uninstall the game
9. Download the game again. Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
10. Once installed, go to the Awakening_RedleafForest folder again and make sure that the .rms files are still there
11. If there are no .rms files, or no RedleafForest folder, please copy the backup folder and paste into the Boomzap folder
12. Open the game

Hope this helps! Please let us know what happens. If this doesn't work, we suggest getting in touch with Big Fish Customer Support. Since the game was created before Windows 10 was available, it is possible that there may be some compatibility issues.

Good luck! Smile
Reference URL's