Boomzap User Forums
Bug Reports and Technical Issues - Printable Version

+- Boomzap User Forums (http://forum.boomzap.com)
+-- Forum: Boomzap Strategy Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: Super Awesome Quest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Issues (/showthread.php?tid=2264)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bug Reports and Technical Issues - Monika - 10-06-2014 10:33 PM

If you have any problems while playing Super Awesome Quest, please report it to us. You can visit our Support page, email us at superawesome@boomzap.com, post here in the Technical Issues thread, or contact a moderator. Remember to explain the problem in detail and include your device type, game version and iOS/Android version. In some cases, Boomzap will request for your player information. You can also check the other posts to see if the bug has already been reported. Thank you!

RE: Bug Reports and Technical Issues - raskol - 07-24-2015 10:02 PM

Not sure it's a bug but in the Android version of the game, I keep seeing the tip that I can craft potions from raw materials like apples, etc.
However, in the crafting menus, there is no option to craft potions; just armor, weapons, and pets. What gives?

RE: Bug Reports and Technical Issues - Monika - 07-24-2015 10:41 PM

(07-24-2015 10:02 PM)raskol Wrote:  Not sure it's a bug but in the Android version of the game, I keep seeing the tip that I can craft potions from raw materials like apples, etc.
However, in the crafting menus, there is no option to craft potions; just armor, weapons, and pets. What gives?

Hi raskol! Thank you for reporting this. Crafting potions was a feature we had during the soft launch of the game, but should already be removed when we launched it worldwide. Apples and other potion ingredients are already obsolete. May I know what version of the game you currently have installed? You should find it on the splash screen. The latest version on Google Play should be v1.51.2. Please do let us know so we can correct it. Sorry for the confusion!

RE: Bug Reports and Technical Issues - raskol - 07-25-2015 01:44 AM

That's the version I have. And while certain items may now be obsolete, some are still required to level up pets (again, Dew, I'm looking at you).

RE: Bug Reports and Technical Issues - Monika - 07-25-2015 02:12 AM

(07-25-2015 01:44 AM)raskol Wrote:  That's the version I have. And while certain items may now be obsolete, some are still required to level up pets (again, Dew, I'm looking at you).

Are you referring to the Pixie Dewdrops? I sincerely apologize for my previous reply - only the potion-crafting was removed, but those items should still be available as rewards. We're currently looking into it and making sure the loot is properly set. Is it alright if you send us the complete details, as well as your user id (found in the Settings menu) via email at superawesome@boomzap.com? Please do include your forum username so we'll know it's you. Sorry for the trouble!

Update: Our QA was able to successfully obtain both the Pixie Dewdrops and Green Apple as treasure rewards (see attached screenshots). It is possible that due to so many possible loot (tap and hold the question mark at the play confirm screen before playing a stage) but with only a few treasure boxes per round, you might have just been unlucky in getting the exact items that you need. But thanks for your feedback, we'll see what we can do to improve in the coming updates.

[attachment=109]

RE: Bug Reports and Technical Issues - raskol - 08-11-2015 03:01 AM

Pretty quiet in here . . .

Still loving the game but thought I'd share:
- For some reason, buying items with real money and in game gold via the money pouch buttons has completely stopped working for me. I can still use orbs I've won in battle to claim items, but if I go to the potion or gold tab, I just get a message that "purchases have been restored" before I'm quickly kicked back to the first screen with the starter pack, etc.
This happened to me periodically before, and rebooting my tablet would fix it. Now, nothing works. I've forced quit the app, cleared the cache, etc., but none of that has worked. And my account is in good order with google so that can't be it. Any ideas?

- I'm now grinding through a lot of levels as I've beaten every boss in the game, at least through the copper range, and some into the gold levels. It's getting a bit old, so I hope there is some plan to release new levels/lands soon (I saw developer feedback to a review somewhere that said frequent level additions were planned).

RE: Bug Reports and Technical Issues - Monika - 08-11-2015 05:50 PM

(08-11-2015 03:01 AM)raskol Wrote:  Pretty quiet in here . . .

Still loving the game but thought I'd share:
- For some reason, buying items with real money and in game gold via the money pouch buttons has completely stopped working for me. I can still use orbs I've won in battle to claim items, but if I go to the potion or gold tab, I just get a message that "purchases have been restored" before I'm quickly kicked back to the first screen with the starter pack, etc.
This happened to me periodically before, and rebooting my tablet would fix it. Now, nothing works. I've forced quit the app, cleared the cache, etc., but none of that has worked. And my account is in good order with google so that can't be it. Any ideas?

- I'm now grinding through a lot of levels as I've beaten every boss in the game, at least through the copper range, and some into the gold levels. It's getting a bit old, so I hope there is some plan to release new levels/lands soon (I saw developer feedback to a review somewhere that said frequent level additions were planned).

Hi raskol,

I've forwarded your purchase concern to our coders, and we'll be in touch via email in case of further questions. Were you able to receive a reply to your previous email? Just making sure we don't end up in your spam folder. Thanks again for the report!

As for new levels - yes we are planning to add a new map in the next update. Smile

RE: Bug Reports and Technical Issues - simonsen - 08-11-2015 07:21 PM

Map 4 (which adds another 20+ quests and miniquests) is coming in the next update. We're testing it right now, and will submit to Apple once we're sure it works. Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday this week (they require 2 weeks to process it, Google requires only a day), so expect it out towards the end of the month. The Android and Amazon updates will release at the same time, with a bunch of additional fixes and optimizations for Android (hopefully without breaking anything in the process). In addition it marks the start of Daily Challenges.

One thing we've noticed is that people love combos, so we're adding a feature to make combos a little easier to get. When you open a tile, tiles next to it that have the *potential* to be a combo will flash. So if you open an Attack II token, any closed tokens containing Attack (I/II/III/IV) around it will flash to let you know it might be a combo. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on that!

Apart from that we're working on some cool stuff for the update after this: ranked multiplayer (inspired by Heartstone) and Quick Quests.

Ranked multiplayer will be asynchronous (so I fight your character, but the AI is controlling it). Only the challenger gets points for a win, so the goal is to climb a monthly or bi-weekly ranking. The multiplayer will first show up in the Mad Scientist Lab (where we'll be prototyping our various beta-stage features safely), for those of you that want to check it out. That should be submitting to Apple in about 3 weeks (so out in the middle of September).

Quick quests provide an alternate way to play the game, giving you little quest-nibblets + rewards, for example for killing a specific monster 3 times, collecting 5 apples for a cake, or reaching a certain level in the Arena. Some of the quests will have a real story-line to them, while others will be semi random to give you more content beyond just grinding.

Hope that gives you a quick sneak peek into our plans; feel free to ask questions, or give suggestions.

Allan

New question - raskol - 08-14-2015 02:16 AM

The update sounds great!!!! Really looking forward to it.

But while I wait for it, here's another piece of feedback, which may just display my ignorance of the way crafting works:
Right now my character is a level 86 valkyrie. She is trying to obtain the dark vest. To do this (via crafting; not by the randomness of combat win rewards) she needs a certain number of meld metal tops, and to get that she needs a certain number steel vests. Finally, to craft steel vests, she needs a certain number of gypsy tops.
Thing is, the stats for gypsy tops are higher than both steel vests and meld metal tops. Shouldn't the progress made through crafting be steadily upward in terms of item stats?

RE: Bug Reports and Technical Issues - simonsen - 08-14-2015 01:49 PM

(08-14-2015 02:16 AM)raskol Wrote:  The update sounds great!!!! Really looking forward to it.

But while I wait for it, here's another piece of feedback, which may just display my ignorance of the way crafting works:
Right now my character is a level 86 valkyrie. She is trying to obtain the dark vest. To do this (via crafting; not by the randomness of combat win rewards) she needs a certain number of meld metal tops, and to get that she needs a certain number steel vests. Finally, to craft steel vests, she needs a certain number of gypsy tops.
Thing is, the stats for gypsy tops are higher than both steel vests and meld metal tops. Shouldn't the progress made through crafting be steadily upward in terms of item stats?

Sounds like something we should be looking at; agree that this kind of crafting pyramid should be in general increasing power.

We're probably not pushing it into this update (since it's submitting to Apple already, and we don't want to yank it out of that queue), but we're doing another build in 2 weeks, and we'll look at the item balancing for things like that for it.

Allan