Boomzap User Forums
Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - Printable Version

+- Boomzap User Forums (http://forum.boomzap.com)
+-- Forum: Boomzap Strategy Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: Super Awesome Quest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest (/showthread.php?tid=2265)

Pages: 1 2

Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - Monika - 10-06-2014 10:33 PM

We'd love to know what you think of Super Awesome Quest. Feel free to post your comments, suggestions and other feedback on this thread.

We'll also appreciate it if you can give us a rating and a review on iTunes App Store, Google Play, and Amazon App Store.

Super Awesome Quest Reviews

RE: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - raskol - 07-24-2015 01:44 AM

Love the game but I get a bit frustrated by the victory reward/treasure chest system. I'll get the same basic gear repeatedly for winning battles, no matter the difficulty of a particular stage (e.g., first world, stage 5, bronze through gold star battles), and the chests only seem to generate certain items once in a blue moon (Dew, I'm looking at you).
I don't mind grinding to increase my levels, but crafting the gear I need to get past some of the higher stages seems practically impossible without being to level up my pet and my gear. To top it off, potions of any sort only seem to be awarded/found in so few stages that I've basically up hope of finding any more (I've gotten 5 total after over 10 hours of play).
Basically, I wish you'd post a bit more explanation of the way chest and battle rewards function.

RE: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - Monika - 07-24-2015 10:43 PM

(07-24-2015 01:44 AM)raskol Wrote:  Love the game but I get a bit frustrated by the victory reward/treasure chest system. I'll get the same basic gear repeatedly for winning battles, no matter the difficulty of a particular stage (e.g., first world, stage 5, bronze through gold star battles), and the chests only seem to generate certain items once in a blue moon (Dew, I'm looking at you).
I don't mind grinding to increase my levels, but crafting the gear I need to get past some of the higher stages seems practically impossible without being to level up my pet and my gear. To top it off, potions of any sort only seem to be awarded/found in so few stages that I've basically up hope of finding any more (I've gotten 5 total after over 10 hours of play).
Basically, I wish you'd post a bit more explanation of the way chest and battle rewards function.

Thanks for the feedback, raskol! I've passed it along to the team. Smile

RE: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - raskol - 08-19-2015 09:05 PM

Hi,
After reaching level 98 with my Valkyrie, I have some more feedback (if this too long-winded, feel free to delete the post):

What I like:
- Animations are cool, and the dialog is great.
- Long game with plenty of challenge
- No energy meters, nor cool down periods
- basic gameplay mechanic is sound and fun
- The arena is very repetitive but fun nonetheless

What I'm having issues with (sometimes my own fault):
- I got too far ahead with my character to have any chance of leveling up the other two. This happened quite early in the game, because I didn't get that while I was leveling up one character, other characters wouldn't be able to do the same as a I had already 5 bronze starred early levels which they couldn't get past due to low HP.

- About leveling, other than getting 5+ HP per level, and being able to wear new equipment, I can't figure out if it actually effects the damage I can deal. I got to a point at around level 88 where unless I used a ton of potions (which I can't buy at the moment due to a previously discussed glitch), I couldn't get more stars in many stages, sometimes even bronze stages. I found that the HP and damage caused by enemies in those stages was completely overpowered in relation to my character. Grinding a previously completed stage until I was level 98 didn't help at all. Gear changes didn't help either.

Comments on tiles:
- The tile that causes damage based on uncovered tiles on the board becomes useless very early on, as it really doesn't cause enough damage in higher levels, and certainly not after several tiles have already been flipped. It's tied to a high level piece of gear in my case, so I can't simply swap that gear out as nothing is nearly as good otherwise.
- Bomb tiles are usually too difficult to free/use, so I've basically been ignoring them for a long while now

Other things;
- That shuriken throwing lizard gets extremely annoying in higher levels, especially when he's in the back row of a three enemy stage. When he can take you out in less than 7 hits, and is basically unstoppable, it just becomes a potion chugging exercise.
- Again, why put potions used for attacks early in the game, and then completely do away with them later? Same goes for defensive potions as rewards.
- Why show rare epic gear as craftable when you have no way of knowing how to get an element to craft it (e.g. epic citadel spear). I assume you may have to beat the ogre queen through bronze, silver, or gold levels to get a citadel spear but that's just a guess. I've played most of the citadel stages through silver, and no I'm into some gold stages, and I've yet to see it.
- Pet crafting menu is a hot mess. Some lower-level pets at the bottom, which I assume is based on what I already own, with higher-level pets at the top. And so many unobtainable pets! Guessing it's partially based on which character you're playing, but again, I'm having to guess.

I'll stop there.

RE: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - simonsen - 08-20-2015 04:45 PM

Very cool feedback, thanks.

-> the levels being grinded too high for subsequent characters to survive; yeah, it's an old issue. We're fixing it (not for the update that's in apple's queue, but for the next one) by letting you get XP from playing in the dungeon.

-> - The tile that causes damage based on uncovered tiles on the board becomes useless very early on; we'll check out the balancing in that one, thanks! It might be that we need version 1/2/3/4 of it, similar to the basic attacks, to keep it valid as you level up

-> bomb tiles: yeah, they're supposed to be a hindrance, not so much a help Smile The fact that you're just ignoring them means there's probably too little damage assigned

-> pet crafting; good feedback, we'll see how we can clean that up (for example hiding pets you don't have access to you).

Thanks,

Allan

RE: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - raskol - 08-27-2015 01:04 AM

Just some quick feedback on the Furry Forest, and a big thank you for solving my player ID issue.

- Nothing to complain about on the new level. Animations are great, the bounty hunters in cat masks made me chuckle, and the new dialog was great.
- Thanks for cleaning up the pet crafting area. So much better now, and I dig the spirit pets.
- The new character seems cool and I like that she's already at a high level.
- The new combo hint is fun.

One small concern of mine for the next patch. As I said before, I'm perpetually at level 99 even though I'm gaining XP. I'm hoping that if the level cap is raised in the future, it will be done in such a way that the vast amount of XP I've acquired will take me up several levels. Basically, I'd like it to work so that if I now have enough XP to take me to, say, level 105, the patch won't simply spend all my current XP getting me to 100, and resetting the XP back to zero.

RE: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - simonsen - 08-27-2015 12:56 PM

Good point; I'll go add another 100 levels for next level. Your XP should automatically apply (if I recall, it's being accumulated, we're just not giving you additional levels).

RE: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - raskol - 11-25-2015 05:02 AM

I'd like to give a little feedback on the latest update:
- PvP (me against bot) was fun, but the level of the player I was fighting against seemed to have no relation to my level, the ranking level we were playing, or anything else for that matter. It just seemed random, and usually I was facing off against very low level characters, so battles were often 1-3 hit kills. Also, when a bot-controlled player used a tile meant to make me miss a turn, it did not in fact make me miss a turn.
- I was a bit disappointed that the level cap of 100 wasn't upped to 200, but maybe the game just gets too unbalanced if it was. So, I guess I can live with my character stuck at level 99.
- For some reason, after updating, I can no longer enter the character menu when I'm on the map screen, meaning if I tap on my characters head/profile at the top of the screen, it doesn't open up the character menu.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm too immersed in Fallout 4 for long SAQ sessions, but it's still my go to Android game.

RE: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - Monika - 11-25-2015 12:42 PM

(11-25-2015 05:02 AM)raskol Wrote:  I'd like to give a little feedback on the latest update:
- PvP (me against bot) was fun, but the level of the player I was fighting against seemed to have no relation to my level, the ranking level we were playing, or anything else for that matter. It just seemed random, and usually I was facing off against very low level characters, so battles were often 1-3 hit kills. Also, when a bot-controlled player used a tile meant to make me miss a turn, it did not in fact make me miss a turn.
- I was a bit disappointed that the level cap of 100 wasn't upped to 200, but maybe the game just gets too unbalanced if it was. So, I guess I can live with my character stuck at level 99.
- For some reason, after updating, I can no longer enter the character menu when I'm on the map screen, meaning if I tap on my characters head/profile at the top of the screen, it doesn't open up the character menu.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm too immersed in Fallout 4 for long SAQ sessions, but it's still my go to Android game.

Thanks again for the feedback! The team is looking into this now. May we know what device you are using so we can try to repro the issues?

RE: Reviews and Feedback on Super Awesome Quest - raskol - 11-25-2015 09:31 PM

It's a lenovo ideatab s6000 running Android version 4.2.2.