Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Awakening Kingdoms FAQ and Walkthroughs
01-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Awakening Kingdoms FAQ and Walkthroughs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is Awakening Kingdoms?
Awakening Kingdoms is a free-to-play game based on the Awakening HOPA series. It includes hidden object scenes, puzzles and mini-games, including a town-building feature. Currently, it is only available on PC.

Where do I download the game? How much is it?
You can download Awakening Kingdoms from Big Fish Games for free! You can also purchase premium content and in-game currency using real money, but you are not forced to pay in order to progress.

Do I need to sign up for an account?
Since this game is free, you can download it even without a Big Fish account.

How do I install the game?
Click 'Play Now' on the game page to download it or select it on the 'Free to Play' menu in your Game Manager. Open the file to start the installation. If it's your first time to download a Big Fish game, you will need to install the Game Manager first. The game will be added to your queue and after successful installation, just click on 'Play'!

Do I need to be connected to the internet to play?
No, you can still play the game even if you're offline but you won't be able to participate in the auctions or add/message your friends.

My game is too slow and always crashes when I’m playing. What do I do?
You can check the system requirements specified on the download page and make sure your computer meets them. We also recommend closing all other programs to prevent your computer from slowing down.

How do I uninstall or re-install the game? Will I lose my previous progress?
To uninstall the game, just click on the trash can icon beside the game title on your Game Manager. To re-install the game, just go to the 'Free to Play' menu on your Game Manager and click on Awakening Kingdoms. Uninstalling and re-installing will not remove your game progress.
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: Awakening Kingdoms FAQ and Walkthroughs
How to Play

How do I begin the game? Where is Sophia?
Upon opening the game, a tutorial starts when Linea the Owl hands you a letter from Queen Sophia. She has continued her journey to save her parents and left the kingdom in your hands.

The castle is in ruins! How do I fix it?
You can fix the castle by solving puzzles and enlisting the help of the kingdom’s residents. You can also decorate it by clicking the Decor icon on the bottom of the screen and buy items using bolgins and crystals.

What is energy? What do I use it for, and how do I refill it?
Energy is used to play hidden object scenes. You gain 1 energy back after every 5 minutes and you can also regain energy with food.

What is food and where can I get it?
Eating food restores your energy. You can earn food as a reward for completing hidden object scenes, certain achievements and you can purchase them from the item shop as well.

What are the special consumables?
The special consumables are used to increase bolgins collected, increase experience earned or decrease energy used while playing, but only for a limited time.

How do I buy items from the store?
The store will be available once you build at least one of the food buildings. You can buy items using bolgins, which can be earned from quests or playing hidden object scenes and mini-games.

Some of the items in the stores are still unavailable. How do I unlock them?
Upgrading the store will give you access to more valuable items.

Where do I get bolgins and crystals? What do I use them for?
You can earn bolgins as rewards from quests, hidden object scenes and mini-games or by selling your items at the Auction House. Crystals can be earned be leveling up, completing achievements and collections or purchasing with real life currency. Both can be used to purchase food, resources and special items. Crystals can also be used to speed up building time and skip quests.

What are relics?
Relics are magical artifacts that dispel the curses cast by evil forces around the kingdom. Pieces of the relics can be found by leveling up and completing quests.

What are achievements?
Achievements are milestones in the game that will bring you rewards once you complete them. You can find the list by clicking on the Settings icon in the upper left side of the screen.

What is the highest level available?
Currently, the maximum level a player can attain is level 100.

Quests

What are quests? How do I play them?
Quests are tasks that different characters in the game give you. The quest icons are on the left side of your screen. Just select the icons to get started!

How do I collect the rewards after completing a quest?
Just select the completed quest icon on the left side of the screen and press the ‘Get Reward’ button to close out the quest and receive the reward.

Do I need to do all the quests?
The game can be played without needing to complete quests. You can 'Skip' the quest using crystals. If you choose to complete the quests, they’ll give you bolgins and experience to level up in the game!

I finished all my quests and have run out of things to do. What now?
More quests will be added in succeeding game updates. While waiting, there are plenty of things to do like earning trophies in hidden object scenes, playing mini-games, upgrading and decorating your castle, customizing your pet and completing achievements. All these will give you rewards and experience that will help you level up.

Hidden Object Scenes

Can I still play a hidden object scene after I completed it with a quest?
Yes! You can re-play hidden object scenes as often as you’d like. Each play will use up energy, but in each round you will earn a trophy for that particular hidden object scene. There are also three mini-scenes per location that can be unlocked through quests.

How do I unlock mini-scenes?
Mini-scenes can be unlocked through quests. After completing the quest, you will be rewarded with an item that you can use in the main hidden object scene. Just drag the item to the area to open it. Sometimes you must also solve puzzles in order to access it.

What are trophies and what do they do?
Trophies are earned every time you play a hidden object scene or a mini-game. A certain number of trophies correspond to a rank or title. Higher ranks unlock more modes of gameplay which are more challenging but with more rewards.

What are the different modes in playing hidden object scenes?
There are four modes available: Normal Mode, Picture Mode, Silhouette Mode and Riddle Mode.

Puzzles and Mini-Games

What are mini-games? Where can I play them?
Mini-games can be accessed via the different buildings in town. You must upgrade a building to at least level 1 to access its mini-game! More mini-games with varying difficulties can be unlocked by completing quests and earning trophies.

Do mini-games require energy to play?
Mini-games don’t require energy to play, however they require certain resources that can be found in hidden object scenes or purchased from the item shop.

What do the trophies in mini-games do?
Like in hidden object scenes, trophies are earned every time you play a mini-game. More trophies bring in higher rewards.

Buildings and Pets

How do I upgrade buildings?
You can upgrade buildings by selecting it, then selecting the fix button. You will need a certain amount of resources to upgrade a building, and these resources can be earned by playing hidden object scenes or you can purchase them from the item shop. More items and mini-games will be available when you upgrade your buildings.

What, I can customize buildings?
Yes! The building must be at least level 5 before you’re able to customize it.

Who is that cute creature on the lower left of the screen?
That is your pet squabbit! You can click on him for hints in the hidden object scenes and mini-games.

Can I change and customize my pets too?
Yes! You can change his look by buying accessories from the Pet Shop.

Collections and Auctions

What are collectible items? Where do I find them and how are they used?
Collectible items can be found in hidden object scenes and mini-games. You can also buy them through a real-time auction with other players like you. Each item is part of a collection and once you complete the set, you can exchange it for bolgins, crystals, experience points and other in-game items.

How do I buy from auctions? Can I also sell my items?
To buy a specific item or from a particular seller at the Auction House, you just need to type the information in the search bar. The available listings will be shown on the screen and you can choose to bid or to buy out. You can also sell by clicking on your items in the Collections menu.

Friends and Messaging

Can I add another player as a friend?
Yes! You can add them as a friend by entering their social code, or choosing from the list of players that appear daily.

Can I send messages to my friends?
Yes, just click on the 'Messages' icon on the lower-left side of the screen, choose a player and type your message.

Can I add send gifts to my friends?
Gifting is a feature that is still in development but will be available in future updates.
01-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Technical Issues and Game Bugs

I can't solve this puzzle/find this hidden object! Can you help me?
You can check the FAQ if there is something you are doing wrong or read through the walkthroughs and guides posted on this thread. If you can't find an answer, you can always post it in the forum so the moderators and other players can help you.

I think I have a bug/glitch in my game. How do I report it?
To report a bug, you can post on the forum or contact a moderator. Remember to explain the problem in detail. In some cases, Boomzap will request for your username, player code and save files. You can also check other threads to see if the bug has already been reported.

Where can I find my save files?
For Vista and Windows 7 users, the files can be found at C:\Users\<Your Computer Name>\AppData\Roaming\Boomzap\Awakening Kingdoms. If you are using Windows 8, just type "%appdata%" in the search bar to go to the Roaming folder. The AppData folder is hidden and if you're unable to find it, just modify the settings for showing hidden files and folders. The game folder contains .rms and .log files. You can zip this entire folder and email it to us for checking.

The moderators said they already fixed the glitch, but I still see it!
Bug fixes are installed during game updates. Make sure you are using the latest version of the game.
01-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Links to Walkthroughs and Game Reviews

User(s) browsing this thread: