Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just dont understand........
07-20-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: I just dont understand........
(07-19-2014 09:17 PM)Nana Loona Wrote:  
(07-19-2014 09:05 AM)PurpleTiger Wrote:  
(07-18-2014 09:54 PM)Nana Loona Wrote:  
(07-18-2014 04:45 PM)Monika Wrote:  Hi @PurpleTiger! Making our players wait for months is also not our intention and something we would never want to do. The new update is indeed coming, hopefully by the end of July or early August. I do apologize for not being able to post as much recently. I know this is not an excuse, but early this week a typhoon has hit the Philippines (where most of the team is located) and power is still out in some areas. Aside from the seven new HOs Clariz mentioned, we will also be addressing the Level 101 concern soon. We're already in the testing phase of the upcoming update. I understand that it's already one month since our last release, and once again we ask for your patience and understanding. Thank you! Smile

I hope everyone is safe from the typhoon! I would think a typhoon counts as a darn good excuse!

Yes, a typhoon would definitely count as a good excuse had we not been going through this same thing for nearly a year now. What about the big update we were promised in June and never got? Was there a typhoon then too?

We did get an update in June. Also, it was explained very clearly by Clariz that they have a small team and they were working on getting the game available for ipad. You may not have been happy with the way things turned out, but I truly believe the development team is doing the best they can with the resources available.

April, I am going to say this the kindest way I know how - You are way too emotionally involved with this game. It appears you have lost all perspective to the fact it is just a game and one that you do not have to play if it upsets you so much when you don't get an update or event on a regular basis. Yes, you put a lot of real money into the game but that was your choice. You were never promised that if you put that money in you would get a set number of updates. When you call the team liars for not delivering an update when you perceive we should have one is also not helping anyone. You need to calm down and go find some other games that can fill your day. Have you tried Antique Road Trip USA and Antique Road Trip 2: Homecoming? They might keep you entertained until a new update can be released for this game.

See this is the problem. Ok, this might be "just a game" to you, but I am more than just a game player. This is a BUSINESS, and I am an INVESTOR. Many of you that are just in here playing games may not understand the business aspect of all this. This is NOT how you conduct a successful business. You dont take your customer's money, promise them the moon, and then dont deliver the product. Being short-staffed or blaming it on the weather are NOT valid excuses for not meeting deadlines.
What if you bought a plane ticket to somewhere and then 7 months later you are still there waiting to come home? And then day finally arrives, and they tell you "We're sorry, we're too short-staffed to take you home."
Or what if you bought season tickets to your favorite sports team, and they went 7 months without having a game?
Btw....I do play other games. In fact, I have been a paying member of Big Fish since 2006 and own hundreds of their games. And never once have I ever paid for a game and had to wait 7 months to play it, until now.
I have a lot of my hard earned money invested here so I think that has earned me the right to complain about this. And I have a right to be emotional about the things I choose to invest so much of my time and money into.
Find all posts by this user
07-20-2014, 09:29 PM
(07-20-2014 03:44 PM)PurpleTiger Wrote:  See this is the problem. Ok, this might be "just a game" to you, but I am more than just a game player. This is a BUSINESS, and I am an INVESTOR. Many of you that are just in here playing games may not understand the business aspect of all this. This is NOT how you conduct a successful business. You dont take your customer's money, promise them the moon, and then dont deliver the product. Being short-staffed or blaming it on the weather are NOT valid excuses for not meeting deadlines.
What if you bought a plane ticket to somewhere and then 7 months later you are still there waiting to come home? And then day finally arrives, and they tell you "We're sorry, we're too short-staffed to take you home."
Or what if you bought season tickets to your favorite sports team, and they went 7 months without having a game?
Btw....I do play other games. In fact, I have been a paying member of Big Fish since 2006 and own hundreds of their games. And never once have I ever paid for a game and had to wait 7 months to play it, until now.
I have a lot of my hard earned money invested here so I think that has earned me the right to complain about this. And I have a right to be emotional about the things I choose to invest so much of my time and money into.

But you haven't had to wait 7 months to get an update or "come home" as you stated. Since I started playing in December there have been 4 updates. There was one in February, March, April and June. And you definitely haven't had to wait 7 months to play the game. You posted in one of the Big Fish surveys you play 8-10 hours a day. That is NOT waiting to play a game.

And I really don't see how BoomZap "promised the moon" when you paid real money to progress faster in the game. Absolutely no promises were made that have not been kept. I, too, am an investor in this game because I want to support the Development Team. I do not expect any special treatment nor expect anything other than access to a game I love to play on a daily basis and occasional updates. BoomZap has delivered these things.

Again, I'm really not trying to be mean to you. I just really think for your own well being you need to not be so emotionally involved in this game. You really worry me when you let the game stress you out so much. Please, please take care of yourself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nana Loona's post:
Shewulf
07-21-2014, 08:14 AM
(07-20-2014 01:43 AM)ldehaan1 Wrote:  Well I myself was disappointed once I got all my collectibles to the master level and nothing happened. I thought once everyone was at the master level something wonderful would happen, but ziltch. I went to bed last night happy I completed them but disappointed nothing happened in the box or at the museum. So it is back to the same old game for me.

What do you mean by getting your "collectibles" to the master level? I don't seem to have that feature in my collections.
Or do you mean that you have "mastered" all the mini-games in the buildings? That is quite an achievement indeed. I have managed it in a few buildings, but it costs an awful lot of resources and many hours of time!
07-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Hello @PurpleTiger! First of all, I apologize for the confusion. You mentioned that "the moderators have been quiet" which is why I brought up the typhoon. Personally, I have been affected by the power outage which prevented me from going online and reply to your posts earlier, while the rest of the team who are not based in the Philippines were able to continue working on the game. We never used the typhoon as an excuse, it's just that we're not as fast as we'd like to be. There's a proper process for releasing an update. As mentioned, we are already in the testing phase and we are doing our best to launch it as soon as we can, without compromising the quality of the game.

We do consider the June update a big one: aside from the Independence Day event, there were new quests, new/updated buildings (Wharf, Animal Shelter, Museum), new collectible items, new antique ratings feature, new daily quests, new special auctions feature, user interface improvements, bug fixes and so on. We also ported the game to iPad, which many players have also been requesting. We’re very sorry if this did not live up to your expectations and did not yet include the additional levels - this one we will be addressing in the upcoming update.

We have also never lied to our players. The reason we do not reveal so much about future updates (even the exact release dates) is that some of these may be changed in the process and we certainly do not want to disappoint anyone. Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding about the 4th of July event. Sad

As mentioned by Clariz, we started working on this game in April 2012, and it took us more than a year to release it on September 2013 with content that would last for months - until January, which was when players started to reach Level 101. The content updates are prepared months in advance to make sure players will always have something to do. You’ll see that we have already started working on the Summer update as early as December. We also make sure that bugs are fixed and try our best to include suggestions from players.

We’re very sorry to have kept you waiting and being stuck at Level 101 for the longest time. This was not our intention at all. As said before, we didn't expect players to progress this fast. We have been doing our best to come up with the best “solution” to this concern and we are continuing to study this, but for now we’ll have additional levels for all the Level 101 players for the upcoming update. We’re very sorry if you consider this as negligence on our part.

We really appreciate everything you have done for this game and we hope you continue playing. At the same time, we’ll continue to learn and improve on the game. Right now we ask for your patience and understanding as we roll out the next update, and we hope it will live up to your expectations. Thank you so much for your honesty and feedback.

However, I think everyone can agree that this thread has gone a bit out of hand. We do respect everyone's opinions and you are all free to express them, but to prevent any possible arguments between players, I hope you don’t mind that we close this thread. The questions from the first post have already been answered, as well as new ones. If you have follow up concerns or questions, feel free to create a new thread but let’s keep the posts friendly and within the topic. Thank you! Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: