Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Things to correct -- NOT for major issues or tech problems
05-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Things to correct -- NOT for major issues or tech problems
I hope this is taken as helpful. I was inspired by Mrssfox's thread about Christmas Alley. Players notice these things more quickly than developers, so I thought it might be handy to have a thread here that lists minor errors like typos, mislabeled items, etc. Here are a few I can think of offhand:

- Maine: there are two items listed as a "whisk." One is actually a hand beater.
- Margaret's House: the turntable is called a percussion instrument, confusing it with the drums that used to be there
- Toy Shop: there are two robots but the game only recognizes one of them, there are several trucks but the game only recognizes the picture of the truck, the thing it calls a doll house is actually a school house and the game doesn't recognize the actual doll house.

Please add if you can think of any more.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like elkwhale's post:
Sweetg12651, ldehaan1
05-21-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Things to correct -- NOT for major issues or tech problems
Good idea elkwhale. I have two:

Idaho Hunting Lodge - in the tallcase clock what is being called a ballpoint pen is actually a fountain pen.

Portland, Ore. - in the scene under the elephant what is being called a peach is actually a pear.
Like Post
05-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Thank you for starting this thread! Indeed, you guys find these faster than us. I think some of these we've already fixed internally, but we'll double check. Thanks again! Big Grin
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Monika's post:
Sweetg12651
05-21-2014, 02:54 PM
In the Junkyard, Columbia, Missouri - the "Green Car Mini-scene" has a request for oil-can when really it's an oil funnel.

There's a green plastic ring that is listed as a "bangle" in some mini-scenes - which is it?

Oh and watch out that you are actually putting a "Maple Leaf" in the scene that calls for it and not an "Oak Leaf" Being Canadian, this is important to me, even in a USA game.

And do we really need 3 or 4 places to get a Clockwork Dancer, Carved Ball, Ben's Justice, Army Achievement Medal, Hagia Sophia, Kukri, True Strike, Viking Axe and Navy Poster(there may be others)? If I can find the same thing in two or more cities, what is the purpose of putting it in a mini-game. You might as well fill the mini-games with wood, paint or bricks as well - NO, please don't! Anyways, this is somewhat frustrating when there are items that cannot be won/earned/found anywhere in the game at all.
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Mrssfox's post:
elkwhale, ldehaan1
05-21-2014, 04:25 PM
(05-21-2014 02:54 PM)Mrssfox Wrote:  In the Junkyard, Columbia, Missouri - the "Green Car Mini-scene" has a request for oil-can when really it's an oil funnel.

There's a green plastic ring that is listed as a "bangle" in some mini-scenes - which is it?

Oh and watch out that you are actually putting a "Maple Leaf" in the scene that calls for it and not an "Oak Leaf" Being Canadian, this is important to me, even in a USA game.

And do we really need 3 or 4 places to get a Clockwork Dancer, Carved Ball, Ben's Justice, Army Achievement Medal, Hagia Sophia, Kukri, True Strike, Viking Axe and Navy Poster(there may be others)? If I can find the same thing in two or more cities, what is the purpose of putting it in a mini-game. You might as well fill the mini-games with wood, paint or bricks as well - NO, please don't! Anyways, this is somewhat frustrating when there are items that cannot be won/earned/found anywhere in the game at all.

Thanks Mrssfox! Do you recall where the bangle and maple leaf items are? If not, it's fine - we can track it down. Smile
Some items are only available in certain cities or minigames when you unlock a particular quest or reach a certain level, but a couple of players have suggested a redistribution of items which we are considering for future updates. Again, thank you for the feedback!
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Monika's post:
SandiUK
05-21-2014, 10:45 PM
The bangle is in the arch mini scene at the botanica restaurant... kind of center lower Right
05-22-2014, 02:16 AM
(05-21-2014 10:45 PM)DaisyMaeDriver Wrote:  The bangle is in the arch mini scene at the botanica restaurant... kind of center lower Right

There is also a green one in the bar, in the drawer mini-scene.
Like Post
05-22-2014, 04:32 AM
One that could be a worry for younger players.

At Al Fresco in Maine, we have an edible mushroom, a relative of the truffle family, however the 'mushroom' appears to be a poisonous fly agaric toadstool!
Like Post
05-22-2014, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 07:25 AM by elkwhale.)
(05-22-2014 02:16 AM)cjmorgan11 Wrote:  
(05-21-2014 10:45 PM)DaisyMaeDriver Wrote:  The bangle is in the arch mini scene at the botanica restaurant... kind of center lower Right

Also one in the scrapbook at Margaret's.

(05-21-2014 04:25 PM)Monika Wrote:  
(05-21-2014 02:54 PM)Mrssfox Wrote:  Oh and watch out that you are actually putting a "Maple Leaf" in the scene that calls for it and not an "Oak Leaf" Being Canadian, this is important to me, even in a USA game.

Thanks Mrssfox! Do you recall where the bangle and maple leaf items are? If not, it's fine - we can track it down. Smile

There's a leaf on the fire engine in West Virginia.
Like Post
05-22-2014, 08:42 AM
(05-22-2014 07:23 AM)elkwhale Wrote:  
(05-22-2014 02:16 AM)cjmorgan11 Wrote:  

Also one in the scrapbook at Margaret's.

(05-21-2014 04:25 PM)Monika Wrote:  
(05-21-2014 02:54 PM)Mrssfox Wrote:  Oh and watch out that you are actually putting a "Maple Leaf" in the scene that calls for it and not an "Oak Leaf" Being Canadian, this is important to me, even in a USA game.

There's a leaf on the fire engine in West Virginia.

Thank-you everyone for all the help on these items - another leaf is found on the Yacht up on the clothes hanger.
Like Post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)