Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Otherworld: Shades of Fall FAQ and Walkthroughs
01-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Otherworld: Shades of Fall FAQ and Walkthroughs
Frequently Asked Questions

What is Otherworld: Shades of Fall?
Otherworld: Shades of Fall is the third title in the Otherworld franchise, a hidden object puzzle adventure (HOPA) series about a young girl named Fiona who was abducted by a menacing fey creature called the Shade. It includes hidden object scenes and puzzles set in a dark fantasy theme. It is available for download on PC and Macintosh.

Where do I download the game? How much is it?
You can download Otherworld: Shades of Fall at Big Fish Games. The Collector’s Edition is $13.99 USD while the Standard Edition is $6.99 USD. A trial version is also available for free.

How do I purchase the game? Do I need to sign up for an account?
Downloading the free trial does not require you to sign up for an account.The full versions of the game can be purchased by clicking ‘Buy Now’ on the game page. Payment will be processed by Big Fish Games, thus a Big Fish account is required.

How do I install the game?
After successful purchase, open the download file to start the installation. If it's your first time to download a Big Fish game, you will need to install the Game Manager first. The game will be added to your queue and after successful installation, just click on 'Play'!

Do I need to be connected to the internet to play?
No, playing this game does not require internet connection.

My game is too slow and always crashes when I’m playing. What do I do?
You can check the system requirements specified on the download page and make sure your computer meets them. We also recommend closing all other programs to prevent your computer from slowing down.

Can I get a refund for the purchased game?
All payments are processed by Big Fish Games and will be subject to their Refund and Exchange Policy.

How do I uninstall or re-install the game? Will I lose my previous progress?
To uninstall the game, just click on the trash can icon beside the game title on your Game Manager. To re-install the game, just go to the ‘Purchase History' menu on your Game Manager and click on Otherworld: Shades of Fall. Uninstalling and re-installing will not remove your game progress.
Find all posts by this user
01-21-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: Otherworld: Shades of Fall FAQ and Walkthroughs
How to Play

How do I begin the game?
If it's your first time to play the game, you will be asked to enter a profile name. After creating and selecting a profile, you can choose the game difficulty and start the game by clicking 'Play'. After the cutscene, you can point and click your cursor around the screen to explore items and navigate through the game.

I don't know what is happening. What should I do?
By exploring the different locations, finding items and talking to characters in the game, you will discover tasks that need to be completed. You can check your journal to view story updates and current tasks. You can also click on the Hint button for added guidance.

What does it mean when my cursor changes?
You can go to the next room when the cursor becomes an arrow at the edge of the screen. You can go forward, backward, left or right. If the cursor turns into a magnifying glass, it means that you can zoom into an area for a closer look. If the cursor turns into a hand cursor, it means that you can get the item and add it to your inventory. If the cursor turns into a gear, it means that you can interact with this location by using an item from your inventory. If the cursor turns into a chat bubble, it means that you can talk to a character.

How do I access the items that I have collected?
You can find the items in your inventory at the bottom of the screen. To use an item, just click and drag it. Some items can only be used when several pieces are collected.

Hidden Object Scenes

What are hidden object scenes?
Hidden object scenes are full-screen mini-games where you are given a list of items to find. Objects that are in white text are those you can find in plain sight. Objects that are in yellow text require some interaction. You can click on other items in the scene in order to find it. Sometimes, hidden objects may be listed as images while some may be numbered.

What do I do if I can't find one of the hidden objects?
You can click on the Hint button to reveal one hidden object in the scene. To use a Hint again, you need to wait for it to refill.

What happens if I complete a hidden object scene?
Some hidden object scenes reward you with an item that you can use to progress in the game.

Puzzles and Mini-Games

What are the puzzles and mini-games and where do I find them?
Puzzles and mini-games have different mechanics and are played to unlock doors, items and more. You need to complete all of the puzzles to progress in the game.

How can I solve a certain puzzle or mini-game?
Instructions per mini-game can be found by clicking on the "?" on the screen. Sometimes, you need to search for clues in other areas to find the solution for the puzzle.

I am stuck in a mini-game! What do I do?
You can click on the Hint button for guidance for wait for the Skip option to be available to end the mini-game. By skipping, additional time will be added to your game.
01-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Technical Issues and Game Bugs

I can't solve this puzzle/find this hidden object! Can you help me?
You can check the FAQ if there is something you are doing wrong or read through the walkthroughs and guides posted on this thread. If you can't find an answer, you can always post it in the forum so the moderators and other players can help you.

I think I have a bug/glitch in my game. How do I report it?
To report a bug, you can post on the forum or contact a moderator. Remember to explain the problem in detail. In some cases, Boomzap will request for your username, player code and save files. You can also check other threads to see if the bug has already been reported.

Where can I find my save files?
For Vista and Windows 7 users, the files can be found at C:\Users\<Your Computer Name>\AppData\Roaming\Boomzap\Otherworld_ShadesOfFall. You can zip the entire folder and send it to us for checking.
01-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Links to Walkthroughs and Game Reviews
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)