Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have to ask
07-24-2014, 01:36 AM
I have to ask
At the end of the first game, the couple had a daughter.

When the second game began, the daughter has disappeared and the couple now have a son. Where did the daughter go? Did they sell her, along with their old dog (the dog is also different)?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: I have to ask
Oopsie, someone noticed! Yes we did make a huge mistake there. Sad We've been planning to include the child (who by now should be all grown up) in ART:AD, but it is difficult to explain how a baby who was a girl and became a boy suddenly went missing.

If anyone is interested, we can put up a poll at the ART: AD forum to determine the fate of James and Grace's long lost child. What do you think, @TiramaSue? Smile
07-25-2014, 04:02 AM
(07-24-2014 09:31 PM)Monika Wrote:  Oopsie, someone noticed! Yes we did make a huge mistake there. Sad We've been planning to include the child (who by now should be all grown up) in ART:AD, but it is difficult to explain how a baby who was a girl and became a boy suddenly went missing.

If anyone is interested, we can put up a poll at the ART: AD forum to determine the fate of James and Grace's long lost child. What do you think, @TiramaSue? Smile

I noticed the disconnect as soon as I played the second game and finally decided to ask about it.

Any explanation I can come up with is a sad one, and I don't think I would want to see a sad storyline in ART:AD.

Two obvious answers
1) the first child died
2) the first child was kidnapped and never found

One other answer comes to mind, but I don't think the gaming world is ready for this type of storyline:

3) the first child and the second child are one and the same. The child is a member of a small group of people whose biological sex is difficult to determine at birth and the original sex assignment was wrong.

Maybe you just need to leave it at "We goofed" and if you want to include the son in the game, go for it.
07-25-2014, 01:12 PM
(07-25-2014 04:02 AM)TiramaSue Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 09:31 PM)Monika Wrote:  Oopsie, someone noticed! Yes we did make a huge mistake there. Sad We've been planning to include the child (who by now should be all grown up) in ART:AD, but it is difficult to explain how a baby who was a girl and became a boy suddenly went missing.

I noticed the disconnect as soon as I played the second game and finally decided to ask about it.

Any explanation I can come up with is a sad one, and I don't think I would want to see a sad storyline in ART:AD.

Two obvious answers
1) the first child died
2) the first child was kidnapped and never found

One other answer comes to mind, but I don't think the gaming world is ready for this type of storyline:

3) the first child and the second child are one and the same. The child is a member of a small group of people whose biological sex is difficult to determine at birth and the original sex assignment was wrong.

Maybe you just need to leave it at "We goofed" and if you want to include the son in the game, go for it.

Thanks @TiramaSue! Yeah, most of the options are quite sad, but we have some other theories too which are kinda crazy! @cara.uymatiao (ART:AD game designer) said the first baby went to Awakening as Sophia's daughter, while the boy is Tevin from Emberwing. Some say they're twins. Others say they live in a parallel universe where there are three versions of James and Grace. But of course we're just kidding. Big Grin

Anyway, I sent your suggestions to the team and let's see if the child will make an appearance in ART:AD someday! Thanks again! Smile
07-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Monika-

I was thinking yesterday about all the things I have won at the arcade that I cannot use because I am at level 101. It would be great if we had a place, like Trader Joe's or somewhere where we could either auction or trade them for something we could use. Like I have enough wood and paint to build another city and upgrade it to the max. I just think something like this would keep the older players interested in the game because I have 30 quilts. What am I going to do with them? I have almost 200 of other things that enhance experiences which don't do anything for me since I already maxed out. Think about it for a future upgrade.Idea
07-28-2014, 08:23 PM
(07-28-2014 07:52 PM)ldehaan1 Wrote:  Monika-

I was thinking yesterday about all the things I have won at the arcade that I cannot use because I am at level 101. It would be great if we had a place, like Trader Joe's or somewhere where we could either auction or trade them for something we could use. Like I have enough wood and paint to build another city and upgrade it to the max. I just think something like this would keep the older players interested in the game because I have 30 quilts. What am I going to do with them? I have almost 200 of other things that enhance experiences which don't do anything for me since I already maxed out. Think about it for a future upgrade.Idea

Hi ldehaan! We have thought about this and we're working on something for a future update. Big Grin As for the additional levels after Level 101, they will be added in the upcoming update. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)