Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rescue Quest FAQ
11-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Rescue Quest FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is Rescue Quest?
Rescue Quest is a match 3 puzzle adventure game where each match will create a path to help Boom and Zap through an enchanting and a challenging adventure. It is available for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.

Where do I download the game? How much is it?
You can download Rescue Quest from the iTunes App Store. It is completely free-to-play, however, the game offers in-game items such as power-ups which you can purchase with real money.

Do I need to sign up for an account?
Yes, you need to have an Apple account in order to download from iTunes App Store. After installing the game, you can also connect to your Facebook account.

How do I install the game?
Using your iOS device, just click on 'Play Now' in the Boomzap website or type 'Rescue Quest' in the iTunes search bar to go to the download page. Select 'Install' to start downloading the game. Once installation is complete, just tap on the Rescue Quest icon to start playing.

Do I need to be connected to the internet to play?
No, you can still play the game when you're offline. However you will need internet connection for downloading new levels, updates, and also for syncing save progress to your Facebook account.

My game is too slow and always crashes when I’m playing. What do I do?
We recommend closing other programs and making sure your device has enough battery. If the game crashes while playing or will not fully load, please perform the following steps.

Devices running iOS5.x or iOS6.x:
  • Double tap on the home-button so that a row of icons (open apps) appear at the bottom.
  • Tap and hold any of the icons until they all start to wiggle and get a red dot with a white stripe in the upper left corner.
  • Tap on all red dots on all icons to quit the apps running in the background (including Rescue Quest).
  • Double tap on your home-button again.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Launch Rescue Quest and try again.
Devices running iOS7.x or iOS8.x:
  • Double tap the home-button on your device.
  • Swipe all application previews upwards until there is none left.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Launch Rescue Quest and try again.
If this doesn't work make sure you have the latest version of iOS installed on your device. If your game is still crashing or not loading, please contact our support team here at our forum or email to rescuequest@boomzap.com

Can I continue my game on a new device?
Yes, if you have linked the game with your Facebook account, you can continue your game on another iOS device. Your game progress is linked with your Facebook account and it will require internet connection to sync game progress.

I can't install Rescue Quest.
Please check that you are connected to a stable internet connection. Also make sure you have enough space on your device for the game, you need at least 100mb in order to install the game initially, and some extra space for new levels and updates.

Can I reset the game and start again from the beginning?
Unfortunately no, you cannot reset game progress. However if you have never played Rescue Quest with an internet connection or if you have never linked your account to Facebook, you can uninstall the game to remove the local save data and reinstall the game to start again.

How do I uninstall or re-install the game? Will I lose my previous progress?
To uninstall the game, tap and hold the app icon then select the delete icon. To re-install the game, just follow the instructions for installing the game. If you have linked Rescue Quest with your Facebook account, your game progress can be restored by connecting it to Facebook again after reinstalling. Do note that game progress is synced with internet connection, so any game progress that are played offline will not be stored until connection is available.

However if you have never played Rescue Quest with an internet connection or if you have never linked your account to Facebook, uninstalling and reinstalling will reset your game progress.

Can I play multiple accounts on a single device?
Rescue Quest supports only one account per device.

Where can I suggest new features and upgrades?
The best place to post suggestions on how we can improve your game experience is here at our forums.

I think I have a bug/glitch in my game. How do I report it?
To report a bug, you can visit our Support page and email us at rescuequest@boomzap.com, or register at our forums to post on the Technical Issues thread or contact a moderator. Remember to explain the problem in detail and include your device type, game version and iOS version. In some cases, Boomzap will request for your player information. You can also check the other posts to see if the bug has already been reported.
Find all posts by this user
11-25-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: Rescue Quest FAQ
How to Play

What do I need to accomplish in each level?
You need to help your hero to get to the Spritelings at the end of each level. Sometimes you will have more than one objective in a level. Level objectives are shown on the top right under your score. When all objectives are fulfilled, you can then complete the level. Also, pay attention to the little goal pointer (arrow) on screen, it will point you in the direction you need to go when your objective is off-screen.

How do I differentiate walkable and unwalkable tiles for my hero?
Walkable cleared tiles are black in color like a void. Non-walkable tiles are the rest of the colored tiles. The darker and more textured it is, the harder it is to clear.

How do I get Power-ups or Special Tokens?
You can match 4 or more tokens to create Power-ups such as Slash, Bomb and Wild Power-ups. Recharge Power-up can only be purchased from the shop (or your backpack) along with other Power-ups. You can also win Power-ups from Daily Scratch Card.

How do I unlock Spells?
Spells are unlocked as you progress through the levels. The specific levels that each spell unlock are listed on the level summary screen.

I used up all my lives! How do I get more lives without waiting?
You can check your mailbox to see if you have any Bonus Life earned from Daily Scratch Card or unclaimed gifts sent by your Facebook friends. You can also ask for lives from your Facebook friends by selecting the heart icon on the top left when it is down to zero. Alternatively, you can also purchase for Full Lives in the shop.

What is a Daily Scratch Card and how do I get one?
You can only get one Daily Scratch Card per day when you log in to the game. You have 3 chances per day to try for prizes.

How do I increase my winning chances at Daily Scratch Card?
Log in to the game consecutively to increase your winning chances, which are displayed on the lower right. If you missed a day, the winning odds will be reset.

Can I change my hero?
No, currently you cannot change your hero after making a choice at the initial character selection screen.
11-25-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: Rescue Quest FAQ
Facebook Connect

How do I connect the game to my Facebook account?
On the Main Menu, just tap on the Facebook connect button on the top right. You can also find the Facebook connect button in the map screen, level summary and level results screen.

Why do I want to connect to Facebook?
By connecting to Facebook, you will be able to sync your game progress and play across multiple devices. This way, you don’t have to worry about losing game progress when switching to another device. On top of that, you can also compare high scores and exchange gifts with your Facebook friends, and post achievements to your profile.

Can I disconnect from Facebook later on?
Yes, you can opt out of Facebook connect anytime by going to the Settings button in the Main Menu, and select “Disconnect”.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)