Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Funky little things....
09-28-2014, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 08:39 AM by OddlyEnuh.)
Funky little things....
So, with nothing much to do I had a friend make me a new ART. I am having as much fun as the first time through with about 10% of the frustration - I know what things are this time, not nearly as confused, and have an investor that pays handsomely for items I put up for auction.

If you are bored and not thrilled with the other games available- get a new game! You won't be sorry. I might add this will make it look like new users are downloading the game too; just saying. Second time through ART beats first time through any of the other FTP games.

At any rate, this thread was created to come report little things that are not quite right and probably won't get noticed by people just starting.

Edit: Okay, I was wrong about the cobblestone streets. So, I am pleased to say Level 11, 46 quests done and 34 Achievements - no glitches or other funnies going on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like OddlyEnuh's post:
Nana Loona, Monika
09-29-2014, 04:00 AM
RE: Funky little things....
Nice fix on the tackle box at Bridgeport, CT - I remember struggling with that quest forever, paper clip is bent just right now it opened with the first try.
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes OddlyEnuh's post:
Monika
09-29-2014, 04:44 AM
This is so useful, Oddly, that you have thought of playing it over again, so that you can renew your acquaintance with the early stages. It must be interesting!
I remember enjoying it a lot the second time around, when I started my second game on my laptop - I came in as Shewulf during the Christmas event.
You will also be able to offer more informed help to newbies - I am often caught out when queries appear about things earlier on, as my poor ageing memory does not retain those details......
Like Post
09-30-2014, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2014 11:10 PM by OddlyEnuh.)
You are right about not remembering things - like the drought of collectibles in the trainee and amateur levels (not that I have gotten through all yet but it is definitely a pattern so far). The non stop search for lumber, brick, and PAINT! I think that is why I played it so slow in the beginning first time out - really tedious.

My plan this time was to get pizzeria and storage house upgraded so I can feed myself with coin items and was completed late Sunday night. Conserve gold - bought the Weekender for energy regeneration.

Keeping track of all the details for express purpose of helping new players. Do so hate saying... I can't quite remember.

I am kinda of wondering about the last two daily quests Sunday's was Play Two Ladies with Hat in Porcelain Shop (quest 60) MG 14 - I was on level 12 and had to play KS through till Professional to open it. Got it done but a little extended to get it so. Today, Tuesday, Level 17, what I have down as Quest 96 "Brown Egg" Park Ranger 8 - have to renovate Park Ranger to Level 4 to get it to open - we will see if Oddly gets it done!

Monica, since there are several ways to play the game are the quests always presented in the same order? Or are they influenced by what other things a person might have done previously?

One comment - what I have down as Q97 Fishing Trip Fiasco 6 of 13 - we are finding a "pretty" weapon for Jillian - the search is for a kris knife but never is the name of the collectible used - Rajah's Will. I remember now, that I was mightily confused about this last time. Might be helpful to call it Rajah's Will i.n the quest

Off to gulp down some clam chowder and top it off with my orange sherbet for breakfast.

PS This is a long time thing but don't remember anyone reporting it. When you go to click the sound equipment you have to click on the very bottom left hand corner of it and otherwise you get the message " door seems to be stuck with frost". The car is in the fore of the screen and not close to the sound equipment at all. Smile

PSS The whisk in MT is actually a beater.
Like Post
10-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi @OddlyEnuh!

Quests are unlocked by completing certain requirements, such as certain levels or building upgrades. Some are part of a story plot. That means you'll need to do some quests in order, while others would depend on how you play.

I've asked our designer to check the Fishing Trip Fiasco/Rajah's Will. As for the sound equipment and beater, this has been fixed internally and should reflect in a future update. Smile
Like Post
10-02-2014, 10:58 PM
I have a question. My daily quest on new game yesterday was play Bennet #16 - Albert, however, the requirement to open that MG was open Florida, which would mean that I would have to update the wharf to level 3 - needless to say, I let it expire. But I appear to have gotten credit for that achievement. Do we get credit for all achievements that appear or do they have to be completed?
Like Post
10-06-2014, 12:48 AM
On daily quest for me today it was play "Snow flakes" at Botanical Garden - which made me go huh immediately. Went and found the quest on "It's Leaves" MG 1a.
Like Post
10-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Thank for reporting these, @OddlyEnuh! We'll check both. Please do let us know if achievement credits for daily quests that were not completed happens again. Thank you!
Like Post
10-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Daily quest is play In the #18 Butterfly House Lost in the Lavender Again- I am level 21. To unlock, I would have to do a series of #18 MG at the library, Botanical Garden, Bennet's, Arylen's, Bird watching - which, wait for it - opens with Master in KS. I am at Pro 4/20 in KS. Let's see 105 energy for 15 plays and the resources to play the MG. I do not believe I can get it done today.

6:42 AM need to get ready for work, be there 9.5 hours, hour family obligation Hmmm 12 hours spent away from ART which leaves 4.5 hours.

back later Smile

Oh Wulf, finally got the open the van window in MO quest #141, The Junkyard 13 of 14 - go to NV to get the rock, and then as the follow up to getting that reward it says to go to Junkyard. Must have been this one you never got....

Another note, On Q 138, Safety First, our truck door melted - went and played WV but the blow torch never appeared. Guess I am going to miss out on the Clown bowling shoes.... :X
Like Post
10-08-2014, 05:23 AM
(10-07-2014 09:49 PM)OddlyEnuh Wrote:  Oh Wulf, finally got the open the van window in MO quest #141, The Junkyard 13 of 14 - go to NV to get the rock, and then as the follow up to getting that reward it says to go to Junkyard. Must have been this one you never got....

Another note, On Q 138, Safety First, our truck door melted - went and played WV but the blow torch never appeared. Guess I am going to miss out on the Clown bowling shoes.... :X
Thanks Oddly - yes, the problem seems to be that for some reason I never got that quest, or if I did then the rock disappeared before I could use it. Boomzap have investigated it for me (having passed on my computer records to them) and they cant identify what happened, nor find a way of restoring it Sad. But my second game got it ok!
Hiowever, I must admit that there is some advantage in having one less location to explore in that scene - I only get given the available objects.
Like Post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)