Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Funky little things....
10-08-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: Funky little things....
I got the Lost in the Lavender done but it was expensive - whew! I would have done much better had I just paid the gold to open the one mini-game. Ended up having to pay gold to speed up two levels of upgrade the Bird Watching - I was well into it when it came up so I was not willing to give up at that point.

Think next time I will take my word for it and let it expire. LOL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
10-13-2014, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2014 07:49 PM by OddlyEnuh.)
On the quest where one helps Fabienne with her newly inherited antique shop the name Umbile Antique Shop has never been added to Portland OR.

While the quest says you are looking for the secret in the shop; nothing new is attained in the playing of the shop or revealed. Seems like a loose end perhaps. Add: So another nothing OR Secret of the Tribes quest and then the next is Jim saying to ask Johann about moving the Elephant.

Seeing the quest to see of Johann and elephant moving reminded me of something that I struggled with when creating the first spreadsheet - everyone has different terms for everything and the reason for this is the game has different terms. For example most of the mini-games or locations in the towns have two name, Toy Repair / Toy shop in the quest description, there is added confusion because MN is also a Toy shop (however, it looks like a daycare to me with the toddler toys and posters).

It was not clear in Quest 167 Fuzzy Ball Of Fur that it is the cat that wants to be bought. At this point in the new game, I have two dogs so when the pet shop pops up it only shows all the pets. I realize that the script is talking about the cat showing up at the Animal Lodge but a flashing quest is not on this choice. My cheap self would have bought a dog, thinking it might fulfill the quest since they too are choices available. LOL

Oh, and on Cheers: Complete the shot glass collection - in the script of the quest it says find the Shot of New York from Lila. It is named Shot of America in the collections.
Like Post
10-31-2014, 10:28 AM
Hello, Monica... Well, things have been going right along in my new game. Had something a tad odd happen tonight - it was time to open the third MS in WA, getting the library card to open the door to the secret library. I was very pleased that it was fixed, I remember struggling to get that one to work first time through. Smile As I played through in the library section, silhouette mode, I saw it was the gloves I needed - click on it a half dozen times and got little sparks but did not able to select them. Went back out side to the main area and picked up the next to the last item and then returned to the library. Upon reentry I was able to click the gloves.

I cannot remember exactly what the issue was on this quest from before but seems to me it was MrssFox that reported it here or if not exactly the same thing something very similar. But there is something still a bit amiss.
Like Post
10-31-2014, 03:54 PM
(10-31-2014 10:28 AM)OddlyEnuh Wrote:  Hello, Monica... Well, things have been going right along in my new game. Had something a tad odd happen tonight - it was time to open the third MS in WA, getting the library card to open the door to the secret library. I was very pleased that it was fixed, I remember struggling to get that one to work first time through. Smile As I played through in the library section, silhouette mode, I saw it was the gloves I needed - click on it a half dozen times and got little sparks but did not able to select them. Went back out side to the main area and picked up the next to the last item and then returned to the library. Upon reentry I was able to click the gloves.

I cannot remember exactly what the issue was on this quest from before but seems to me it was MrssFox that reported it here or if not exactly the same thing something very similar. But there is something still a bit amiss.

Thanks again for pointing this out OddlyEnuh! I wonder what happened. Does this occur to other items and scenes too, or just the gloves in the library? I'll ask the team to check this. Smile
Like Post
11-04-2014, 11:34 AM
(10-31-2014 03:54 PM)Monika Wrote:  
(10-31-2014 10:28 AM)OddlyEnuh Wrote:  Hello, Monica... Well, things have been going right along in my new game. Had something a tad odd happen tonight - it was time to open the third MS in WA, getting the library card to open the door to the secret library. I was very pleased that it was fixed, I remember struggling to get that one to work first time through. Smile As I played through in the library section, silhouette mode, I saw it was the gloves I needed - click on it a half dozen times and got little sparks but did not able to select them. Went back out side to the main area and picked up the next to the last item and then returned to the library. Upon reentry I was able to click the gloves.

Thanks again for pointing this out OddlyEnuh! I wonder what happened. Does this occur to other items and scenes too, or just the gloves in the library? I'll ask the team to check this. Smile

Only place I have noticed the item not being picked up when clicked is the gloves in WA.

Which does remind me of another thing I am seeing, think this was reported during the last update as the power cord was showing up in the Butterfly House and the Park Ranger. This is happening with my game but it was the gloves for Aunt Margaret's house gloves. Next time I get something to use at a different location I will be sure to go look and see if that item is also showing.

Hit level 35 and quests are drying up so might take a while to test it however. LOL. Back to muscle my way through Minnesota to get the first painting to drop with the purchase of the cat!
Like Post
11-04-2014, 02:20 PM
(11-04-2014 11:34 AM)OddlyEnuh Wrote:  
(10-31-2014 03:54 PM)Monika Wrote:  

Only place I have noticed the item not being picked up when clicked is the gloves in WA.

Which does remind me of another thing I am seeing, think this was reported during the last update as the power cord was showing up in the Butterfly House and the Park Ranger. This is happening with my game but it was the gloves for Aunt Margaret's house gloves. Next time I get something to use at a different location I will be sure to go look and see if that item is also showing.

Hit level 35 and quests are drying up so might take a while to test it however. LOL. Back to muscle my way through Minnesota to get the first painting to drop with the purchase of the cat!

This should be fixed in the next update, but thanks for the reminder so we can verify again. Smile
Like Post
11-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Hello, Monica <waving> So someone over on the BF forum asked about the Titanium cash register in the antique shop that is suppose to open with the completion of the Doll Shop quests for coin rather than gold; that is one of the fixes for the next update right?
Like Post
11-18-2014, 05:28 PM
(11-18-2014 12:06 PM)OddlyEnuh Wrote:  Hello, Monica <waving> So someone over on the BF forum asked about the Titanium cash register in the antique shop that is suppose to open with the completion of the Doll Shop quests for coin rather than gold; that is one of the fixes for the next update right?

Hello OddlyEnuh! *waves back* Yes, this was reported before and should be included in the next update's fixes. Smile
Like Post
12-14-2014, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 09:26 PM by OddlyEnuh.)
Hey! So wanted to let you know found another of those hard to click items. South Dakota in the back room, the tiger in the wall paper is a stubborn click - has to be clicked on the lower edge of his right ear.

Also I was stuck on quest 275 since Oct 25th, it is a Bronze Collection quest for the find the Sharp Hawk and Deluxe Owl. Had to reach level 45 to unlock Butterfly Sanctuary #4 to get the Sharp Hawk. I wanted to see how long it would take to actually get there, rather than paying gold to unlock it. I was on Level 30 at the time it appeared 10/25, finally hit level 45 on 12/12/14.

Not getting that one also meant all the quests ended for that 48 days, other than the daily quest. Not sure if this is the cause of the quest drought that has been reported over and over in the BF forum, I did not keep notes first game and it will be a while before I start another but it really does seem to be the stumbling point.

Hope you are all ready for upcoming holidays!
Like Post
12-16-2014, 05:22 PM
(12-14-2014 09:10 PM)OddlyEnuh Wrote:  Hey! So wanted to let you know found another of those hard to click items. South Dakota in the back room, the tiger in the wall paper is a stubborn click - has to be clicked on the lower edge of his right ear.

Also I was stuck on quest 275 since Oct 25th, it is a Bronze Collection quest for the find the Sharp Hawk and Deluxe Owl. Had to reach level 45 to unlock Butterfly Sanctuary #4 to get the Sharp Hawk. I wanted to see how long it would take to actually get there, rather than paying gold to unlock it. I was on Level 30 at the time it appeared 10/25, finally hit level 45 on 12/12/14.

Not getting that one also meant all the quests ended for that 48 days, other than the daily quest. Not sure if this is the cause of the quest drought that has been reported over and over in the BF forum, I did not keep notes first game and it will be a while before I start another but it really does seem to be the stumbling point.

Hope you are all ready for upcoming holidays!

Hi OddlyEnuh! The issue with the tiger is one of the bug fixes included in the update, but we'll double check again to make sure. As for the quests with tasks unlockable at higher levels, will bring this up with the team. If I recall correctly, these were unlocked early to give players a long-term goal to aim for.

Anyway, we hope we'll be able to make it in time for the holidays! No promises though, but we'll do our best. Thank you for your patience. Smile
Like Post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)