Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About the Update
11-05-2014, 02:14 PM
About the Update
Hi everyone! Just reposting the message from Chris on the BFG forum last October since many are still asking about the much-awaited update. We do apologize for the delay, but it is definitely in the works and we'll do our best to get it out as soon as possible. Smile

Quote:Hi there - Chris from Boomzap here.

The short answer here is that we are definately working on a new update to the game. But, as we have discovered over the last few months, updating a large, complex game like this is difficult to do - it requires a great deal of testing to ensure that we are not breaking anything.

Sadly, we recently did an update to our Awakening franchise that included a couple of critical bugs we missed, and it caused a great deal of frustration to our users. We were honestly devastated by this, and our internal team is dedicated to not making this mistake again. We're being super careful in our testing and coding to be *sure* that we are giving you the best possible product, especially as we know many of you have invested a great deal of time and money in your games.

I know this is taking a while, but we are honestly doing the best we can, and are even more eager than you to see this next update out and available. We're hoping within the next few weeks, but it honestly depends on our testing.

Thank you again for your patience, and for playing Boomzap games.

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Monika's post:
OddlyEnuh, Shewulf, Nana Loona
11-09-2014, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 12:14 AM by OddlyEnuh.)
RE: About the Update (as of Oct 15, 2014)
(11-05-2014 02:14 PM)Monika Wrote:  Hi everyone! Just reposting the message from Chris on the BFG forum last October since many are still asking about the much-awaited update. We do apologize for the delay, but it is definitely in the works and we'll do our best to get it out as soon as possible. Smile

The short answer here is that we are definately working on a new update to the game. But, as we have discovered over the last few months, updating a large, complex game like this is difficult to do - it requires a great deal of testing to ensure that we are not breaking anything.

Sadly, we recently did an update to our Awakening franchise that included a couple of critical bugs we missed, and it caused a great deal of frustration to our users. We were honestly devastated by this, and our internal team is dedicated to not making this mistake again. We're being super careful in our testing and coding to be *sure* that we are giving you the best possible product, especially as we know many of you have invested a great deal of time and money in your games.

I know this is taking a while, but we are honestly doing the best we can, and are even more eager than you to see this next update out and available. We're hoping within the next few weeks, but it honestly depends on our testing.

Chris

(11-05-2014 02:14 PM)Monika Wrote:  

Chris

We are so looking forward to the update. There will be a roar of joy up to the heavens when it appears. Thanks for taking the time with it and making sure it is working. Knowing that one will appear means a lot. Thanks for the update!
OE
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes OddlyEnuh's post:
Nana Loona
11-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Thanks Monika for re-posting this and for the continuing assurance about an update. You know that you have loyal supporters who really do believe your promises and trust you to deliver....... Wink. We will continue to do our best on the BF Forums on your behalf!
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shewulf's post:
Nana Loona
11-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Sad RE: About the Update (as of Oct 15, 2014)
I know I said I would stay with you but it has been promised so many times and here we almost to Thanksgiving in the US and it is time for me to move on to other games that are not as interesting but, at least they do what they promise. With a heavy heart and a husband in the hospital about to come home. Good bye Boom Zap. I will be removing all of your games from my computer.Huh
Like Post
11-15-2014, 11:27 AM
(11-15-2014 08:05 AM)ldehaan1 Wrote:  I know I said I would stay with you but it has been promised so many times and here we almost to Thanksgiving in the US and it is time for me to move on to other games that are not as interesting but, at least they do what they promise. With a heavy heart and a husband in the hospital about to come home. Good bye Boom Zap. I will be removing all of your games from my computer.Huh
Dear friend Idehaan - please don't give up altogether Huh Please give BZ the benefit of the doubt- especially now that we have learned that there are things going on with BigFish which could be part of the problem. You have been so loyal and Monika has tried so hard to answer our questions and to keep us as informed as is possible.
Yes, it is clear you need a rest from the hassle of constant checking in - but I do hope this just means a bit of a break with an aim to come back to this wonderful game in due course. Sleepy
In the meantime, good wishes to you in your caring role, which must of course take priority. Hope all goes well for you both.
Like Post
11-17-2014, 08:47 PM
(11-15-2014 08:05 AM)ldehaan1 Wrote:  I know I said I would stay with you but it has been promised so many times and here we almost to Thanksgiving in the US and it is time for me to move on to other games that are not as interesting but, at least they do what they promise. With a heavy heart and a husband in the hospital about to come home. Good bye Boom Zap. I will be removing all of your games from my computer.Huh

Hi ldehaan, I do apologize in behalf of the team since it really has been a long wait. Sad I can't promise an exact date when the update will be released, but I hope that when it's out, you'll go back and continue playing. In the meantime, I wish you and your husband well. Please take care always! And thank you for staying with us for so long.
Like Post
11-28-2014, 01:51 AM
Are we going to have a new update by the end of this year? Thank you.
Like Post
11-28-2014, 02:45 PM
(11-28-2014 01:51 AM)LauraE Wrote:  Are we going to have a new update by the end of this year? Thank you.

Hi Laura! We have a target date for release but we are unable to share it yet, since it may change depending on what happens during the testing. It's a bigger update than the ones we have released before, with more quests and seasonal events that can keep you entertained for a longer time. Hopefully it will be released before the year ends. Smile
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Monika's post:
Nana Loona, ldehaan1
11-28-2014, 03:25 PM
It would be nice to receive it as a Christmas present. Smile
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes AngelaSophia's post:
ldehaan1
12-09-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: About the Update
Hello everyone!

We're sorry for the delay on the update but we have handed it off to our publishers who are making sure to give you the best quality game as possible. Rest assured that the new update has a lot of new content for everyone to enjoy. Thank you all for your patience!

-From the Antique Road Trip team
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Monika's post:
Nana Loona, Shewulf

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)