Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some possible issues w/ the latest update (1/5/15)
01-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Some possible issues w/ the latest update (1/5/15)
I LOVE the new updates--the new places are awesome. I have found a couple of possible issues.

1) I'm on level 85. Before the update, all I needed to go up one level was 157,030 points. Now I need 1, 210,300. Is this a new requirement or a glitch?

2) AES Museum. I clicked to upgrade it to the pirate building. According to my calculations 2446:03:00 means the building will be upgraded in 101 days, or a little over 3 months. Is this a glitch or the real deal?

And for clarification, did any new mini-scenes unlock for places that already existed, or are they all new areas?

This update is the prettiest I've seen yet--I'm looking forward to playing now. Thank you!

cj (OLDandGOLD)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes OLDandGOLD's post:
cviscara
01-06-2015, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 06:17 PM by cviscara.)
RE: Some possible issues w/ the latest update (1/5/15)
I found the same thing and posted on BF forum, It has to be a glitch surely. Huh
(01-06-2015 07:59 AM)OLDandGOLD Wrote:  I LOVE the new updates--the new places are awesome. I have found a couple of possible issues.

1) I'm on level 85. Before the update, all I needed to go up one level was 157,030 points. Now I need 1, 210,300. Is this a new requirement or a glitch?

2) AES Museum. I clicked to upgrade it to the pirate building. According to my calculations 2446:03:00 means the building will be upgraded in 101 days, or a little over 3 months. Is this a glitch or the real deal?

And for clarification, did any new mini-scenes unlock for places that already existed, or are they all new areas?

This update is the prettiest I've seen yet--I'm looking forward to playing now. Thank you!

cj (OLDandGOLD)

I found the same thing and posted on BF forum, It has to be a glitch surely. Huh
(01-06-2015 07:59 AM)OLDandGOLD Wrote:  I LOVE the new updates--the new places are awesome. I have found a couple of possible issues.

cj (OLDandGOLD)
Like Post
01-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Hi @OLDandGOLD, glad you're loving the update. Smile About your concerns:

1. The new Experience Points Meter is part of the update, which fixed a glitch for Levels 51 and up that existed since the game's first release. The bug also occurred in Awakening Kingdoms, but the fix was released earlier in 2014. More details on why this was done can be found in the following threads:
http://forum.boomzap.com/showthread.php?tid=2195
http://forum.boomzap.com/showthread.php?tid=2230

2. Can you check your computer's date and time settings and see if they are correct? Sometimes this affects the timers in the game.

Regarding miniscenes: none for existing HOs. The only new HOs in this update are the 9 New World Hidden Object Scenes and 2 New USA Hidden Object Scenes. Hope this clarifies things. Smile
Like Post
01-06-2015, 09:38 PM
I love the game and play it on IPad. I have not received any update in my app. why? My latest update was done last July, and it's not a message that a new update is avilable. Can you please help me? The Big Fish forum was not helpful either.
Like Post
01-07-2015, 03:32 AM
I also love the update! Thank you to all who worked on this!

I do need to report a problem, however. I was playing Portland, OR, and I needed to get the pool rack from the shelves behind the elephant. I was unable to open this mini-scene. My cursor didn't change to the eye magnifying glass. I've not had this problem before.

Thank you for fixing the Daily Bonus. It actually caught me by surprise when it popped up almost right away after I logged on!

Like others, I have no quests other than the daily quest. I know you are aware of this.

I can't wait to start traveling the world!
Like Post
01-07-2015, 05:14 AM
I'd like to report a problem as well, The Wharf has become super picky about letting you in it. I have to click(i play windowed mode so this may be part of the factor) a good bit to the right right around the spot the shovel is right now to get into it at all. Prior to the update I could click directly in the center of the wharf and go straight in, now when I do that, it just acts like I've not hit anything and sits with the box still up, or if I"ve clicked another building prior to that, it opens that building up instead of the wharf(I tested it out with a building no where near the wharf and had that open up when I was in the wharf enter box.

That said If I click in the right spot I can get it, it's just really annoying having to find that sweet spot now.
Like Post
01-07-2015, 03:15 PM
(01-06-2015 09:15 PM)Monika Wrote:  Hi @OLDandGOLD, glad you're loving the update. Smile About your concerns:

1. The new Experience Points Meter is part of the update, which fixed a glitch for Levels 51 and up that existed since the game's first release. The bug also occurred in Awakening Kingdoms, but the fix was released earlier in 2014. More details on why this was done can be found in the following threads:
http://forum.boomzap.com/showthread.php?tid=2195
http://forum.boomzap.com/showthread.php?tid=2230

2. Can you check your computer's date and time settings and see if they are correct? Sometimes this affects the timers in the game.

Regarding miniscenes: none for existing HOs. The only new HOs in this update are the 9 New World Hidden Object Scenes and 2 New USA Hidden Object Scenes. Hope this clarifies things. Smile

There's nothing wrong with my system clock. The problem is the program.

I started to customize the ice cream parlor. Time it is going to take is 30 hours. That is in the ballpark that my other customizations took before the update.

When I started the customization of the art museum, got the same ridiculous amount of time that OLDandGOLD reported. I believe that before update we weren't able to customize that building, so it's likely that's the error only affects the museum and any other buildings that are in this update.
Like Post
01-07-2015, 06:17 PM
@Juni only the PC version was updated this week. The latest update for the iPad version was released in August 2014. Sorry for the long wait.

@Nana Loona Were you able to access this miniscene before? When did it start becoming inaccessible?
As for the new quests, yes we are working on the fix for this.

@Spirit_of_Auron By any chance do you have any town decorations that may be covering the Wharf? We will check this on our end.

@OLDandGOLD and @TiramaSue We've confirmed that it is an error on our end and not related to the date/time settings. Sorry about that! We will be fixing this.
Like Post
01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
(01-07-2015 06:17 PM)Monika Wrote:  @Nana Loona Were you able to access this miniscene before? When did it start becoming inaccessible?

Monika, Yes, I was able to access this mini-scene before the update. Yesterday was the first time I could not access it. Also, I need to tell you it was silhouette mode and not fast shopper. I rechecked this morning. Thanks for looking into the problem and for all your help.
Like Post
01-08-2015, 12:23 AM
(01-07-2015 10:02 PM)Nana Loona Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 06:17 PM)Monika Wrote:  @Nana Loona Were you able to access this miniscene before? When did it start becoming inaccessible?

Monika, Yes, I was able to access this mini-scene before the update. Yesterday was the first time I could not access it. Also, I need to tell you it was silhouette mode and not fast shopper. I rechecked this morning. Thanks for looking into the problem and for all your help.

Thanks for the additional info! Does it only happen in Silhouette mode consistently, and not in other modes? Have you tried accessing it again?
Like Post

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)