Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No white gloves for Margaret's house
02-03-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: No white gloves for Margaret's house
(02-03-2015 04:36 PM)Monika Wrote:  Hi everyone!

There is a quest called "Old Friends, Fresh Memories" when you finish The Missing Miner quest and reach Level 28. In this quest, you will receive a task to find protective gloves, which you can get at the Doll Shop HO scene. Once you do play the HO and receive the item, the gloves should appear in the upper left corner when you visit Margaret's House and you can use this to unlock the miniscene.

The Margaret's House HO is unlockable at Level 32 even if the quest to find the miniscene key (gloves) is already available at Level 28.

We have also previously added a fix wherein the game checks if you have already completed a quest to find the miniscene key and add the inventory item. There were players who "lose" items when the game or character dialogue is abruptly closed. Can you try restarting the game and visiting the HO again? If this doesn't work, we suggest getting in touch with Big Fish Customer Support. At the same time, we are unable to credit specific items like the gloves to individual player's profiles.

Our apologies to everyone who is encountering this issue.

Thanks for the reply and extra information. I am pretty much convinced that I was at about level 27-28 when I applied the January 2015 update. This update seemed to bump me up a level or two - I suspect that the quest got lost at this time.

So basically you are saying that I will need to start the game again????
Find all posts by this user
02-03-2015, 06:57 PM
(02-03-2015 05:19 PM)Brew63 Wrote:  Thanks for the reply and extra information. I am pretty much convinced that I was at about level 27-28 when I applied the January 2015 update. This update seemed to bump me up a level or two - I suspect that the quest got lost at this time.

Sorry for the confusion. By restarting the game, I mean to close the game and reopen it again, not start a new game.
02-04-2015, 12:51 AM
(02-03-2015 06:57 PM)Monika Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 05:19 PM)Brew63 Wrote:  Thanks for the reply and extra information. I am pretty much convinced that I was at about level 27-28 when I applied the January 2015 update. This update seemed to bump me up a level or two - I suspect that the quest got lost at this time.

Sorry for the confusion. By restarting the game, I mean to close the game and reopen it again, not start a new game.

I never got the quest to find the quest to find the gloves. I think I lost it in the update. I contacted Big Fish technical support 14 days ago and still waiting for a reply. We need a answer to the problem. Impossible to keep on playing without the gloves.

Thanks, shooter
02-04-2015, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 01:30 PM by Steverd.)
(02-03-2015 04:36 PM)Monika Wrote:  Hi everyone!

There is a quest called "Old Friends, Fresh Memories" when you finish The Missing Miner quest and reach Level 28. In this quest, you will receive a task to find protective gloves, which you can get at the Doll Shop HO scene. Once you do play the HO and receive the item, the gloves should appear in the upper left corner when you visit Margaret's House and you can use this to unlock the miniscene.

Wait - I HAVE that question Open, cost my 90 energy every time I go there to check if I have the gloves - see attached image. Then I do NOT have the gloves and have to exit by hitting the 'X'. It's the only "old Lady" quest I have and I do not have the gloves, why can't this be fixed?

Thank you
Steve

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-05-2015, 01:42 PM
(02-04-2015 01:18 PM)Steverd Wrote:  Wait - I HAVE that question Open, cost my 90 energy every time I go there to check if I have the gloves - see attached image. Then I do NOT have the gloves and have to exit by hitting the 'X'. It's the only "old Lady" quest I have and I do not have the gloves, why can't this be fixed?

Thank you
Steve

This was exactly the problem I had. Decided to cut my losses and start a new game - back up to level 12.
02-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Bug fixes are usually made through game updates, but we don't have any details on when a new version of the game will be available. We suggest getting in touch with Big Fish Customer Support. Again, sincerest apologies in behalf of the team.
02-06-2015, 12:55 PM
(02-05-2015 01:42 PM)Brew63 Wrote:  This was exactly the problem I had. Decided to cut my losses and start a new game - back up to level 12.

Ouch, I do not want to restart since I've spent real cash already in this game.
If I could restart WITHOUT lossing my collections and Vehicle upgrades I would.
02-07-2015, 01:24 AM
(02-06-2015 12:55 PM)Steverd Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 01:42 PM)Brew63 Wrote:  This was exactly the problem I had. Decided to cut my losses and start a new game - back up to level 12.

Ouch, I do not want to restart since I've spent real cash already in this game.
If I could restart WITHOUT lossing my collections and Vehicle upgrades I would.

I wrote to Big Fish Technical Support. They said that they are aware of the problem, but cannot go into an individual game to fix the problem. Maybe they will get to it in the next update. Who knows when that will be? I am fed up playing the game with this problem. Thinking about starting a new game. What do I have to do start this and do I lost everything I worked for. Right now I am on LEVEL 40 and still cannot find the gloves to open the photo album at Margaret's House.

Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks,shooter
02-08-2015, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 05:23 PM by Steverd.)
(02-07-2015 01:24 AM)shooter9325 Wrote:  I wrote to Big Fish Technical Support. They said that they are aware of the problem, but cannot go into an individual game to fix the problem. Maybe they will get to it in the next update. Who knows when that will be? I am fed up playing the game with this problem. Thinking about starting a new game. What do I have to do start this and do I lost everything I worked for. Right now I am on LEVEL 40 and still cannot find the gloves to open the photo album at Margaret's House.

I might restart also Shooter. It will suck since I will lose the real money I've spent on gold for vehicle upgrades.. What I'm going to do is to transfer all of my game cash (almost 1mil) to a friend and then she will send it back to me when I am ready.

OK if you RESTART with the latest version:
1. You will lose all gold
2. You will lose all game cash (send it to a friend)
3. Your friend code is the same
4. You current friends will all be there when you upgrade the post office
5. You collections are all reset to zero
6. Your Antique rating remains the same (that's nice!)

Hope that helps!
Steve
02-09-2015, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2015 03:28 AM by OddlyEnuh.)
OK if you RESTART with the latest version:
1. You will lose all gold
2. You will lose all game cash (send it to a friend)
3. Your friend code is the same
4. You current friends will all be there when you upgrade the post office
5. You collections are all reset to zero
6. Your Antique rating remains the same (that's nice!)

I retained collections. Lost gold, coin, vehicle upgrades. You can always buy the missing collectibles (Blue and White plate, Korean medal, down to Lava pots and Staffordshire- I would say the Blue and White is the most wanted item though) with the gold and then sell on the auction- will go a long way to building up energy level and getting new game up to snuff with all the upgrading you will be doing.

However, I would not being doing this before ValDay quests start; unless you have lots of time to play to get things up to place they need to be to get those quests. Just a thought.

EDIT: When restarting game from New Game under the Gear in the upper right hand corner of main screen - obviously you have to have the game open, then DISCONNECT from the internet (turn off your WIFI or disconnect the cable) and THEN and only then, Click on New game.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)