Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pocket Ages FAQ
02-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Pocket Ages FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is Pocket Ages?
Pocket Ages is a town building and trading game that spans multiple eras. It is available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.

Where do I download the game? How much is it?
You can download Pocket Ages from the iTunes App Store. It is completely free-to-play, however, the game offers in-game items such as speed-ups which you can purchase with real money.

Do I need to sign up for an account?
Yes, you need to have an Apple account in order to download from the iTunes App Store. After installing the game, you can also link your game to your Facebook account from the settings menu.

How do I install the game?
Using your iOS device, just click on 'Play Now' in the Boomzap website or type 'Pocket Ages' in the iTunes search bar to go to the download page. Select ‘Get’ or 'Install' to start downloading the game. Once installation is complete, just tap on the Pocket Ages icon to start playing.

Do I need to be connected to the internet to play?
No, you can still play the game when you're offline. However you will need internet connection for downloading updates, purchasing in-game items, and also for syncing save progress to your Facebook account.

My game is too slow and always crashes when I’m playing. What do I do?
We recommend closing other programs and making sure your device has enough battery. If the game crashes while playing or will not fully load, please perform the following steps.

Devices running iOS5.x or iOS6.x:
  • Double tap on the home-button so that a row of icons (open apps) appear at the bottom.
  • Tap and hold any of the icons until they all start to wiggle and get a red dot with a white stripe in the upper left corner.
  • Tap on all red dots on all icons to quit the apps running in the background (including Pocket Ages).
  • Double tap on your home-button again.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Launch Pocket Ages and try again.
Devices running iOS7.x or iOS8.x:
  • Double tap the home-button on your device.
  • Swipe all application previews upwards until there is none left.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Launch Pocket Ages and try again.

If this doesn't work make sure you have the latest version of iOS installed on your device. If your game is still crashing or not loading, please contact our support team via our forums or email to pocketages@boomzap.com.

Can I continue my game on a new device?
Yes, if you have linked the game with your Facebook account, you can continue your game on another iOS device. Your game progress is linked with your Facebook account and it will require internet connection to sync game progress.

I can't install Pocket Ages.
Please check that you are connected to a stable internet connection. Also make sure you have enough space on your device for the game, you need at least 150mb in order to install the game initially, and some extra space for new levels and updates.

Can I reset the game and start again from the beginning?
You can uninstall the game to remove the local save data and reinstall the game to start again. If you have linked the game to Facebook previously, logging back to Facebook on reinstalled game will allow you to choose which save game you want to keep.

How do I uninstall or re-install the game? Will I lose my previous progress?
To uninstall the game, tap and hold the app icon then select the delete icon. To re-install the game, just follow the instructions for installing the game. If you have linked Pocket Ages with your Facebook account, your game progress can be restored by connecting it to Facebook again after reinstalling. Do note that game progress is synced with internet connection, so any game progress that are played offline will not be stored until connection is available.

However if you have never played Pocket Ages with an internet connection or if you have never linked your account to Facebook, uninstalling and reinstalling will reset your game progress.

Can I play multiple accounts on a single device?
Pocket Ages supports only one account per device.

Where can I suggest new features and upgrades?
The best place to post suggestions on how we can improve your game experience is here at our forums.

I think I have a bug/glitch in my game. How do I report it?
To report a bug, you can visit our Support page and email us at pocketages@boomzap.com, or register at our forums to post on the Technical Issues thread or contact a moderator. Remember to explain the problem in detail and include your device type, game version and iOS version. In some cases, Boomzap will request for your player information. You can also check the other posts to see if the bug has already been reported.
Find all posts by this user
02-24-2015, 04:36 PM
RE: Pocket Ages FAQ
Facebook Connect

How do I connect the game to my Facebook account?
On the Settings Menu, just tap on the Facebook connect button. You will also be presented with the opportunity to do so whenever you do something significant, such as discovering new technology!

Why do I want to connect to Facebook?
By connecting to Facebook, you will be able to sync your game progress and play across multiple devices. This way, you don’t have to worry about losing game progress when switching to another device. On top of that, you can also post achievements to your profile, and in the future you may be able to play cooperatively with your friends!

Can I disconnect from Facebook later on?
No, we do not have a disconnect from Facebook feature as of this time.
03-10-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: Pocket Ages FAQ
How to Play

How do I start playing?
When the opening cinematic finishes, you should see two villagers emerge from a cave and wave at you. Then, a quest icon should appear on the upper left hand side of your screen with an arrow pointing at it. You may tap this icon, or you may also tap on anything else you find interesting. Pay attention to the arrows that appear, they will point you to the right direction whenever you encounter something new!

What are quests? How do I complete them?
Quests are tasks that different characters in the game give you. The quest icons are on the left side of your screen. Just select the icons to get started!

How do I collect the rewards after completing a quest?
Once you have completed a quest, you can claim the reward by tapping the blue bag on the quest icon.

Do I need to do all the quests?
The game can be played without needing to complete quests. You can 'Skip' quests using cash, or if you choose to complete the quests, they’ll give you rewards such as groats and more.

What is cash? What do I use them for, and how do I get them?
Cash is used to speed up building times, skip quests, and purchase premium items. You can earn cash by completing certain quests or purchasing them at the bank.

What are groats? What do I use them for, and how do I get them?
Groats are the in-game currency used to purchase items, craft goods, raise livestock, and build structures. You can earn groats by completing quests, selling your goods at the trading post, or purchasing them at the bank.

How do I craft goods? Where do I get the resources needed?
You can select a structure and assign a villager to craft goods for trading by gathering enough groats and resources. Sometimes, you’ll need to craft stronger tools to collect these resources.

How do I build structures?
You can build structures by tapping the hammer icon on the lower left side to go to Buildings menu. Select one then to place it on a clear area. Make sure you have enough groats and resources to build it.

I am out of resources but there are no trees or plants anywhere. What do I do?
Resources (such as grass, bushes, flowers, trees, wood piles, and rocks) will respawn at the spaces where there are no buildings after a certain period of time.

My storage is full. How do I increase its capacity?
You can increase your storage capacity by upgrading your Stockpile.

How do I upgrade structures?
Just select a structure and tap on the Upgrade button. You’ll need groats, resources, and sometimes technology or unlocking a new era to do so.

Some of the structures and upgrades are still unavailable. How do I unlock them?
You can unlock new structures by discovering new technology and unlocking a new era.

How do I unlock a new era?
You can unlock a new era by discovering new technology and upgrading your place of worship.

How do I discover technology?
To discover technology, just open the Technology Tree by tapping on the tree icon on the lower left side of the screen, and select the technology you want to research on. You'll need culture and tech points, and you can earn these by assigning a villager to worship at the fire or any of its equivalents.

All my villagers are busy. Where do I get more?
To get more villagers, you can build more tents, upgrade the tents, or purchase them at the bank using cash.

What are achievements?
Achievements are milestones in the game. You can find the list by clicking on the trophy icon on the lower left side of the screen.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)