Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
A Very Sad Day for AK Players
05-19-2015, 07:54 AM
A Very Sad Day for AK Players
Just learned that BigFish will no longer be updating Awakening Kingdoms (or ART). I would just like to thank everyone at BoomZap for all you have done for us, and for developing the best FTP game that exists anywhere.Heart

NFT
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like NoFish Today's post:
BoomzapFan99, SpiritHunter
05-19-2015, 08:05 AM
RE: A Very Sad Day for AK Players
Although I have not yet begun to play AK or ART, I also want to thank Boomzap. It is upsetting to see such a hard-working passionate company as Boomzap is facing these kinds of setbacks. And people, please don't blame Boomzap for this.
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like BoomzapFan99's post:
NoFish Today, SpiritHunter
05-19-2015, 09:18 AM
BoomZap appears to have decided to stop making HOPAs and concentrate on M3's for mobile devices that appeal to Southeastern Asians. There have been several articles quoting the company's founder stating that they are going back to their roots.

I don't think anybody is to blame, but the decision was BoomZap's. The handwriting was on the wall at least a year ago. Feel like a fool for not reading it. Oh well.
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes TiramaSue's post:
SpiritHunter
05-19-2015, 09:35 AM
(05-19-2015 09:18 AM)TiramaSue Wrote:  BoomZap appears to have decided to stop making HOPAs and concentrate on M3's for mobile devices that appeal to Southeastern Asians. There have been several articles quoting the company's founder stating that they are going back to their roots.

I don't think anybody is to blame, but the decision was BoomZap's. The handwriting was on the wall at least a year ago. Feel like a fool for not reading it. Oh well.

I have no concrete proof of anything, but if what you state is the case, I would be curious to know why, after the update on Dec 16th, 2014, the moderator of this forum was excitedly hinting at what was to come in the next update of AK? It would seem to me, that if the company founder stated publicly otherwise, the BoomZap employees would also have known?

NFT
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoFish Today's post:
SpiritHunter
05-19-2015, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 10:03 AM by TiramaSue.)
The articles about going back to their roots were published this year. However, once BZ started self-publishing it was probably inevitable that they would eventually go it alone.

Check out this video from May 2014 where Chris Natsuume speaks about publishing. At the time I disagreed with people who thought it meant that BZ would no longer make games to be sold on BF. And maybe I was right. Maybe the decision was made afterwards. Maybe it was BF who sent BZ packing. Maybe BZ was hedging their bets until they saw their mobile games would bring in revenue.

But it's very possible the moderator wasn't in the loop and while she was all excited about what was to come, the CEO had already decided that it was game over. The decision certainly wasn't made yesterday.

One thing I do know. Neither side is going to talk about it. Though maybe if somebody now asks if BZ is going to make HOPAs, BZ will stop telling us to ask BF and just give us a straight answer.

Oh, just thought of this. Since BZ is a virtual company and everybody works at home, it would be very easy to keep employees in the dark. Though the programmer would have had to know something was up if they weren't being asked to write updates or create new HOPAs.
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes TiramaSue's post:
SpiritHunter
05-19-2015, 10:09 AM
(05-19-2015 10:00 AM)TiramaSue Wrote:  The articles about going back to their roots were published this year. However, once BZ started self-publishing it was probably inevitable that they would eventually go it alone.

Check out this video from May 2014 where Chris Natsuume speaks about publishing. At the time I disagreed with people who thought it meant that BZ would no longer make games to be sold on BF. And maybe I was right. Maybe the decision was made afterwards. Maybe it was BF who sent BZ packing. Maybe BZ was hedging their bets until they saw their mobile games would bring in revenue.

But it's very possible the moderator wasn't in the loop and while she was all excited about what was to come, the CEO had already decided that it was game over. The decision certainly wasn't made yesterday.

One thing I do know. Neither side is going to talk about it. Though maybe if somebody now asks if BZ is going to make HOPAs, BZ will stop telling us to ask BF and just give us a straight answer.

Good answer to a tough question! Smile

NFT
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoFish Today's post:
SpiritHunter
05-19-2015, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 12:53 PM by unirabbit75.)
@Monika and all of BZ's Administer I am still very angry over this I am a very patient person and have waited along time for an update only to finally hear it's game over with out a true ending they could not have at least given us one last update with the rest of books the of the egg and death of basilisk and end to the wizard that tried destroying the kingdom. even if they never finished anything else that says to come soon in game or give us more buildings to upgrade they atleast could of bean considerate enough to have given us the 4 main things mentioned above so we could have a conclusion to this game.

I still think they can find away to finish this game I don't care if they plan to go back to their damn roots they should not have started something and promised what they did if they did not plan to finish
I will give the devs till dec 2015 to rectify this decision if not bz and bfg will be deleted from my games and important list and will get no more business from me or any of my friends ever again that includes no more game purchases no more subscription fees
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like unirabbit75's post:
jjdsl@yahoo.com, SpiritHunter
05-19-2015, 01:36 PM
sigh...so sad! I'm really going to miss AK!!!Sad
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes jjdsl@yahoo.com's post:
SpiritHunter
05-20-2015, 06:15 AM
This is all very sad news, especially if Boomzap has decided to stop making HOPAS. If this really is the case, then I hope that serious thought is put into giving Boomzap series such as Dana Knightstone, Otherworld, Awakening, Emberwing, and Botanica to other developers to continue developing. I know this has had mixed results and fan reactions for series like Phantasmat and Dark Parables, but I believe serious consideration should be used regardless. I personally am a huge fan of Botanica and Dana Knightstone, so I hope a decision can be made to either give the HOPA series in question to other developers or let these series die with grace and having ended in the hands of Boomzap programmers, artists, writers, etc.
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like BoomzapFan99's post:
05-22-2015, 04:18 AM
I wish they would give some thought to:

Fixing the bugs that exist in AK and ART
Writing an ending for both games
Removing the bits that involve interacting with other players (auction, gifting)
Removing the requirement to have a 'strong internet connection' when redeeming collections
Removing the daily reward (need to be on line for it)

And then selling the completed game. I would be willing to pay much more than what a CE costs to own AK and not have to worry that BF will someday remove the game from their servers.
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like TiramaSue's post:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)