Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Next update
08-31-2015, 04:03 PM
Next update
I figured I'd share a little on what we're up to in the Super Awesome Team, and what we're hoping will show up in the next update.

The August 24 update was mostly about content; we did a lot of android fixes under the hood to speed it up, reduce memory usage, fix bugs (and introduced a new one accidentally, which caused a mad scramble to fix it), but for most users the big visible change is the new forest map.

The next update will be mostly about functionality, and especially the new Super Awesome Lab, where we'll give you guys a preview of upcoming features, and a chance to give feedback, suggestions and ideas on how to improve it.

The first feature in the lab is multiplayer. We're experimenting with a bunch of different ideas there, including hotseat (playing against or together with another human on the same phone), offline ranking (where an AI takes control over a human's character, and challenges you to a PvP battle to rise in the ranks), and eventually realtime multiplayer (though that won't be ready for the next update). Once it's up, we'd really love feedback from you guys. My personal favourite is the Coop-mode, which was inspired by playing the game with my 7 year old daughter (she's been testing the game all the time, from the very first prototype 18 months ago).

[Image: upload.png]

Feedback, ideas and suggestions welcome!

Allan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 11:54 PM
RE: Next update
Would offline ranking have some method of matching players of similar level?
Seems like it wouldn't be much fun for, say, someone at Level 5 to be matched over and over with players (AI controlled) at a much higher level.

That said, any type of PvP (AI controlled or not) is what I'm most looking forward to. Co-op might be great for a lot of people, but I like playing the main quest solo.
09-08-2015, 11:03 AM
So; the way I've got Asynch PvP set up right now is as a ladder system. So when you're tier 10, it'll look for another person at tier 10, and match you against them, then pick the character that's closest in level to your current character (which may not be ideal, it's a bit open to abuse).

For Coop, it's actually designed to play in a dungeon setting, so you team up with another player (either sharing the same phone, or playing realtime across two phones) to play through a dungeon.
10-28-2015, 02:35 AM
Still in development?
With Fallout 4 on the way, I can wait patiently, but I'll always make some time for SAQ.
10-28-2015, 04:14 PM
(10-28-2015 02:35 AM)raskol Wrote:  Still in development?
With Fallout 4 on the way, I can wait patiently, but I'll always make some time for SAQ.

Hi raskol! Currently it's still being tested. We want to make sure bugs are fixed before we release it to the world. Smile Sorry for the wait!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)