Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GAMEPLAY/BALANCING
10-06-2015, 07:25 PM
GAMEPLAY/BALANCING
Hello beta testers! If you have comments or suggestions about the gameplay and/or balancing, please post them here so we can easily monitor and reply to your feedback. Thanks!

You can also visit the other threads for more specific concerns:
General Feedback/Suggestions
Art/Animation
Bug Reports
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2016, 04:54 AM
RE: GAMEPLAY/BALANCING
I have a couple of requests for clarity about how combat works. Posted as questions because in several cases I still haven't figured out the answers.

* How does target selection work? I noticed my squad of 60 archers in my most recent battle chose to attack (only) a stack of 2 treants, while there were three other stacks available to target.

* How does attack order work? i.e. if I have a huge stack of archers and a small stack of ballistae, can I set things up so that the archers attack first?

* The Charge card does not indicate what it does; can't figure it out without access to a unit that naturally has the ability.

* How much of a bonus do Dragons get to attack/defense during the melee phase?

* How do attack and defense points interact? (I assumed it's additive, i.e. damage vs health points. If that's wrong, clarify please?)

Finally (for now) thank you for making this game. I like it a lot already, and if this is your beta I can't wait to see how it plays on release.
02-04-2016, 03:54 PM
RE: GAMEPLAY/BALANCING
(02-04-2016 04:54 AM)Ixex Wrote:  I have a couple of requests for clarity about how combat works. Posted as questions because in several cases I still haven't figured out the answers.

* How does target selection work? I noticed my squad of 60 archers in my most recent battle chose to attack (only) a stack of 2 treants, while there were three other stacks available to target.

* How does attack order work? i.e. if I have a huge stack of archers and a small stack of ballistae, can I set things up so that the archers attack first?

* The Charge card does not indicate what it does; can't figure it out without access to a unit that naturally has the ability.

* How much of a bonus do Dragons get to attack/defense during the melee phase?

* How do attack and defense points interact? (I assumed it's additive, i.e. damage vs health points. If that's wrong, clarify please?)

Finally (for now) thank you for making this game. I like it a lot already, and if this is your beta I can't wait to see how it plays on release.

Hi Ixex! Thanks for playing and sharing your feedback. Glad you like it! To answer your questions:
- Units target randomly. Missile units go first then melee goes second. Units with "Frontline" such as treants will take in first damage.
- All missile units attack simultaneously (multiple attacks on respective targets during missile phase)
- "Charge" does double damage at first round of combat. We do need to include that in the card description.
- ATT value x number of units = possible MAX ATT damage. Example: 10 units of Dragons that do 10 ATT = possibly 100 damage... It's randomized, so for example you might get 80. 80 damage is dealt to target of 10 treants (who each have DEF 8), therefore ALL of the treants DIE. By randomized, our attacks aren't "definite". They are only "chance". Having 10 units of 10 ATT doesn't guarantee 100 damage attack.. it just means, there is a maximum of 100 damage possible.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)