Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GENERAL FEEDBACK/ SUGGESTIONS
10-06-2015, 07:24 PM
GENERAL FEEDBACK/ SUGGESTIONS
Hello beta testers! We'd love to know what you think of Legends of Fire & Steel. We welcome all kinds of feedback: changes to the current game, missing features, ideas for new stuff, etc. Feel free to post your comments and suggestions on this thread. Thank you!

You can also visit the other threads for more specific concerns:
Gameplay/Balancing
Art/Animation
Bug Reports
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: GENERAL FEEDBACK/ SUGGESTIONS
Hi Monika, I've done a 40 min playthrough. You can view it here: https://youtu.be/9mxCGVSKUx0

I apologize for I didn't set up my microphone properly so I had to cover it up and add some annotations to the playthrough.
10-27-2015, 02:20 PM
(10-27-2015 09:25 AM)tezra Wrote:  Hi Monika, I've done a 40 min playthrough. You can view it here: https://youtu.be/9mxCGVSKUx0

I apologize for I didn't set up my microphone properly so I had to cover it up and add some annotations to the playthrough.

Thanks for the comments, Iris! Smile
11-14-2015, 03:47 AM
At the current state of the game, it is already a competent strategy game for its size and with multiplayer also backing up the single-player content can really extend play hours and its replay-ability.

My only suggestion as of now would be adding an option to turn off battle animations. It's cool and all but in lengthy play sessions, it is a must have to speed up the pace of the game.

So far, my experience with the game has been alright, maybe because the AI is a bit too easy to beat even at Nightmare difficulty, and with that said I am looking forward to playing with you guys!
11-14-2015, 04:01 AM
(11-14-2015 03:47 AM)jazz2195 Wrote:  At the current state of the game, it is already a competent strategy game for its size and with multiplayer also backing up the single-player content can really extend play hours and its replay-ability.

My only suggestion as of now would be adding an option to turn off battle animations. It's cool and all but in lengthy play sessions, it is a must have to speed up the pace of the game.

So far, my experience with the game has been alright, maybe because the AI is a bit too easy to beat even at Nightmare difficulty, and with that said I am looking forward to playing with you guys!

Thanks for the feedback! You can actually tap or click on the battle screen to speed up the animations, but I'll pass the message along about the option to turn it off - kinda sad for the animators who worked hard on it though Smile

If you have other suggestions for improvement, just let us know! And we'll try to post a multiplayer schedule soon. For now, maybe you can get your friends to sign up so you can all play together Wink Thanks again!
11-18-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm guessing UI concerns fall here. I also can't seem to do print screens, and I can't alt+tab to the snippet tool (my screen resolution can't do a windowed mode)

I noticed how the double click works with some things and not for others, and generally other clicking matters:
1. Can't double click for map selection.
2. Can't double click for race selection.
3. Double clicking in hero selection selects a hero.
4. Double clicking a selected hero does not deselect it.
5. Maybe clicking the options works just as well as clicking the respective checkboxes/ radiobuttons.

I think pop-up tooltips would do well for a couple of items:
1. Map details (player number, average militia spawn rate, neutral cities), although some are self-explanatory.
2. Abilities of the units, as seen from the race selection screen.
3. The square icons below the unit's abilities (although i do understand they're explained in-game, but I think it'd help with race selection)
4. The silver crest (is that honor?) beside the gold coin, and the hourglass in the hero's details (hero selection screen)
5. Map options (corrupt lands, disable neutrals, etc) and game speed options.
6. Several menu buttons and icons on the game-proper's UI (upper left, upper right, upper middle)

And the back button is kinda small. Didn't realize right away that there was a back button, but I guess that's just me.

Hope this helps.
11-18-2015, 08:47 PM
(11-18-2015 07:35 PM)Aa-Yee Wrote:  I'm guessing UI concerns fall here. I also can't seem to do print screens, and I can't alt+tab to the snippet tool (my screen resolution can't do a windowed mode)

I noticed how the double click works with some things and not for others, and generally other clicking matters:
1. Can't double click for map selection.
2. Can't double click for race selection.
3. Double clicking in hero selection selects a hero.
4. Double clicking a selected hero does not deselect it.
5. Maybe clicking the options works just as well as clicking the respective checkboxes/ radiobuttons.

I think pop-up tooltips would do well for a couple of items:
1. Map details (player number, average militia spawn rate, neutral cities), although some are self-explanatory.
2. Abilities of the units, as seen from the race selection screen.
3. The square icons below the unit's abilities (although i do understand they're explained in-game, but I think it'd help with race selection)
4. The silver crest (is that honor?) beside the gold coin, and the hourglass in the hero's details (hero selection screen)
5. Map options (corrupt lands, disable neutrals, etc) and game speed options.
6. Several menu buttons and icons on the game-proper's UI (upper left, upper right, upper middle)

And the back button is kinda small. Didn't realize right away that there was a back button, but I guess that's just me.

Hope this helps.

Hi Aa-Yee, thank you for your feedback. We have a built in screencap tool, instructions on how to use it can be viewed HERE.

As for the double click functions, we'll review this and apply the necessary changes. Although this will definitely not apply on the map selection screen since you're being offered two options there. Selecting QUICKPLAY allows you to start the selected map with a random race, set of heroes and atleast 4 occupied territories. Selecting PLAY lets you choose your race,hero and toggle the game options.

Adding pop-up tooltips is kinda tricky, since we would want the same function/feature to be accessible on both PC and iOS platforms the same way, but we'll see what we can do.
We're also considering adding a feature ingame where all the buttons, features and other stuff are explained further.

www.boomzap.com - Real Fun. Right Now.
12-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Just came back from a 1 week hiatus on the game and realized the new build made heroes racially tied Smile Oh man! Now I can't do my all Missile ATT Team Big Grin
12-09-2015, 08:47 PM
(12-09-2015 04:57 PM)jazz2195 Wrote:  Just came back from a 1 week hiatus on the game and realized the new build made heroes racially tied Smile Oh man! Now I can't do my all Missile ATT Team Big Grin

Hey Jazz! Welcome back Smile Yeah, we did a lot of balancing from the last BETA build. (This is still a work in progress btw). Have fun figuring out a new tactic Smile Feel free to give comments/suggestions regarding the changes.

NOTE: Some of the devs are playing in multiplayer (on both ranked and casual mode) around 9am - 1pm - 5pm SG time this wk. Hope to see you online.

www.boomzap.com - Real Fun. Right Now.
12-13-2015, 04:05 AM
Hey there!
First of all I would like to thank Monika for letting me participate to this project as tester and journalist, I'll be sure to follow the game development as much as my time allows me.
I've played about 3-4 hours by now, the game is quite interesting and has a solid core gameplay that reminds a lot of other games, but has its own unique features. I just fear that it may lack in depth to be a truly engaging PC game, but a match takes too long for it to be a true mobile game. I admit I'm biased, I've never liked the idea of games that are developed for both mobile and PC because of the huge differences between the two types of devices, nevertheless I still think that this may be an issue.

Now, about the gameplay:
-I do agree with the fact that tooltips when you mousover on icons are needed. The game isn't that difficult to understand, but a confusing UI scares a lot of casual players, especially if they're just trying the game. Also some modifiers, like CHARGE, are not explained on the cards.
-In the tutorial, the objectives window on the left side of the screen require some kind of background and it should be made a little bit prettier to the view.
-I think that there should be a limit to the number of troops you can make in one turn and/or in each tower/fortress. When one player is dominating the game is too unbalanced in his favour, there should be a better chance for the other player/s to be able to turn the tides of the war.
-When you try to give away the last unit in the retinue of a Hero the population cap message appears, although the pop limit is not reached.
-It would be very cool if there you were able to add sea control with kinda the same mechanics of land control (regions, maybe trade routes instead of buildings, pirates, etc.).
-Imho the AI is a little bit too easy at the moment.
-I tried multiple times to connect to the servers for a multiplayer match with no success, but that may be an issue with my connection.

About the art style:
-The game is very nicely presented, maps are pretty and animations are cool at this stage of the development, but I think that the game lacks in originality: factions and units are very well drawn, but I've seen them in tons of other games, it's a cheap fantasy style and it makes the game look kitsch. There should be some interesting original lore with a peculiar art style to back it. Take for example the game "Darkest Dungeon", a big part of its appeal comes from its art style and the narrator's voice. Same thing for "Undertale", the graphics may look horrible, but as you play you understand that that's what makes the game so different from the others. I play a lot of indie games, I'm trying to specialize in this field as a journalist and my two cent is that to have success and to be truly apreciated you have to find a unique artistic style.

That said, this game is very promising, I enjoy playing it in my spare time and I would really like to see the day of its full release. Keep up the great work!

-Tomass "EmberEye" Vadi
[-] The following 1 user Likes EmberEye's post:
Monika

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)