Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GENERAL FEEDBACK/ SUGGESTIONS
12-13-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: GENERAL FEEDBACK/ SUGGESTIONS
Thank you for the detailed feedback @EmberEye! Appreciate all the comments, especially the technical notes. We're able to repro one of the bugs you reported. If you're looking for a multiplayer match, the team is usually online at 9AM and 5PM Singapore time (GMT+8). Playing against humans instead of AIs will definitely be more fun. Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2016, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2016 06:53 AM by Innocence.)
Thumbs Up RE: GENERAL FEEDBACK/ SUGGESTIONS
Just found out about LoC - looks really promising! Big Grin

Please add support for native resolution 1920x1200 - it's annoying having to play in windowed mode on the lower resolutions available Dodgy

Does (or will) LoC support asynchronous multiplayer?

Getting several friends to meet online at the same time and day is borderline impossible Dodgy

But letting players submit their game turn whenever they have the time, and having the game generate the next turn when everyone has submitted is a whole other matter.
03-31-2016, 01:34 PM
(03-31-2016 06:34 AM)Innocence Wrote:  Just found out about LoC - looks really promising! Big Grin

Please add support for native resolution 1920x1200 - it's annoying having to play in windowed mode on the lower resolutions available Dodgy

Does (or will) LoC support asynchronous multiplayer?

Getting several friends to meet online at the same time and day is borderline impossible Dodgy

But letting players submit their game turn whenever they have the time, and having the game generate the next turn when everyone has submitted is a whole other matter.

Hi Innocence! Thanks for checking out LoC! I shared your feedback with the team, and we're discussing it now. Our highest resolution right now is 1920 x 1080. You can also try to play with AI for the meantime, or other players in the multiplayer lobby if your friends are not available. Or maybe you'll catch some of the devteam online sometime.
04-01-2016, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2016 08:15 PM by Innocence.)
(03-31-2016 01:34 PM)Monika Wrote:  You can also try to play with AI for the meantime, or other players in the multiplayer lobby if your friends are not available.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not really interrested in singleplay or having to coordinate and shedule when to play.

I want to be able to play the game casually, with other people, whenever I can get a few minutes of free time ie. waiting for the bus, lunchbreak at work, driving the kids home from school through heavy traffic (jk).

Ask yourself: Would mobile games such as 'Wordfeud', quiz-games etc. be as popular if your opponents had to be online the same time as you, for all of you to play?

LoC already has the correct multiplayer model for this to work - all you need is to do (yes I realise it's easier said than done Angel) is to change the host model so players will be able to submit their turns separately.
07-14-2016, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2016 12:35 AM by LordDavicus.)
Good Day!

When playing Legends of Callasia, I am finding that this game has a lot of potential to be an incredibly fun multiplayer experience!

After bringing 3 of my friends into the conversation about potentially picking this game up and having it be one of our staple rotations during game night. There are a couple bits of feedback that I think are missing from the overall game experience:
  • Starting Teams / Set Teams
I feel like we should be able to create a map and have a 2v2, or 1v1v2, or 3v3...etc scenario to start.

I understand some of the fun of Callasia is being able to forge alliances and break them during game - but I think part of the fun in this style of game would be in the strategy that comes from having a set team to modify the behavior of all involved.

Having set 2v2 or 3v3 games online would be a joy. Furthermore, this would allow for a scenario where a player and a friend could take on say...4-6 computer players, 2 versus all (as an example).

This would all be made possible by allowing us to assign teams during game creation in Skirmish and Multiplayer Modes (and if we CAN do that...I have not found out how thusfar).
  • Single Player Unlockables Affecting Multiplayer
While we had a lovely correspondence over Email about this topic, I want to emphasize again that unlockables that affect multiplayer game balance (in the way of potentially chosen heroes) are a frustrating mechanic.

I feel the price tag of the game should enable all possible selections for the Multiplayer section of the game, as not all players either:
  1. Have the time to devote to multiple hour single player experience before fully realizing the full multiplayer experience.
  2. Have the desire to play single player at all, and would rather focus on learning the online meta-game and meta-strategies.

I personally have enjoyed the single player experience, because at its core - this is a very enjoyable strategy board game. My 3 friends feel slightly differently, and are immediately turned off to the notion that because I took the time to play single player, I have a tangible advantage in selectable game resources versus only having an advantage with in-game knowledge and tactics through additional play hours.

That's my feedback for now. Thanks for the good framework to a game I hope continues to grow.

-LordDavicus
[-] The following 1 user Likes LordDavicus's post:
Monika
07-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Davicus! We're working on something right now which we hope you'll love once it's available. Stay tuned!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)