Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Reviews and Feedback on Monster Roller
01-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Reviews and Feedback on Monster Roller
We'd love to know what you think of Monster Roller. Feel free to post your comments, suggestions and other feedback on this thread.

We'll also appreciate it if you can give us a rating and a review on the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Reviews and Feedback on Monster Roller
I love this game so far but I think it needs some tweaking in order to succeed in the US

- The PVP system needs to be shut off until the game is populated enough to have a tiered system. When you first start out it shouldnt match you up against players with way higher level monsters. Also alot of players including myself boosted up there gold by pulling out a second device and beating a new account over and over again with a 50% increase in income each time! Honestly it made the game boring when I did that so I started over again. But it does make me lose interest knowing I can never compete with the players that are still doing this. Not to mention you guys at Boomzap cant make a profit with the game if players can just make Millions of gold in 10 min themselves.

- The Solo Mode is very grindy, in other words it's repetitive and you have to do stages like 10-15 times to level up enough to do the next stage. You cant just play the stages through. I guess in the long run it makes sense to make the game last longer but when starting out you dont want to keep repeating low levels over and over again.

- I know this will never happen but the whole game needs a hard reset. Clean the leaderboards up so players can actually compete. Maybe create a new server? Idk but I cant imagine playing a game like this for more then a few weeks at the point its at right now.

I really want to see this game succeed and would love to keep playing. I just hope some adjustments can be made to make the game more competitive and fun.

Keep up the good work! Hopefully you dont take this criticism to heart. I still think its an excellent game! Smile
02-03-2016, 04:15 PM
(02-02-2016 02:26 PM)YouMayBeSeatedHD Wrote:  I love this game so far but I think it needs some tweaking in order to succeed in the US

- The PVP system needs to be shut off until the game is populated enough to have a tiered system. When you first start out it shouldnt match you up against players with way higher level monsters. Also alot of players including myself boosted up there gold by pulling out a second device and beating a new account over and over again with a 50% increase in income each time! Honestly it made the game boring when I did that so I started over again. But it does make me lose interest knowing I can never compete with the players that are still doing this. Not to mention you guys at Boomzap cant make a profit with the game if players can just make Millions of gold in 10 min themselves.

- The Solo Mode is very grindy, in other words it's repetitive and you have to do stages like 10-15 times to level up enough to do the next stage. You cant just play the stages through. I guess in the long run it makes sense to make the game last longer but when starting out you dont want to keep repeating low levels over and over again.

- I know this will never happen but the whole game needs a hard reset. Clean the leaderboards up so players can actually compete. Maybe create a new server? Idk but I cant imagine playing a game like this for more then a few weeks at the point its at right now.

I really want to see this game succeed and would love to keep playing. I just hope some adjustments can be made to make the game more competitive and fun.

Keep up the good work! Hopefully you dont take this criticism to heart. I still think its an excellent game! Smile

Thank you so much for the feedback! You do have some valid points. I've shared this with the team and we'll discuss how to address them.
Meanwhile, there's also an autoplay feature. What I do sometimes is speedup the game to 3X, set it to autoplay, and repeat stages while I'm multitasking. Just a tip to help get past the grind. Smile Thanks again!
02-04-2016, 01:42 PM
(02-04-2016 01:01 PM)YouMayBeSeatedHD Wrote:  Should also add a Chat feature to the game to talk to other players in the game Smile
Thanks for the suggestion! I think we've had discussions on a similar feature before, but it would take a while to implement. Perhaps we can consider this in the future if we see the demand for it. Smile
02-04-2016, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 03:29 PM by YouMayBeSeatedHD.)
Monster Roller is honestly one of the best games I have played on the App Store but I keep getting on the past 2-3 days and not even playing. I get on wanting to play and then I look at the leaderboards and just get off. I dont want to keep playing a game that other players are exploiting. I wish we could all just start over as a community and disable PvP for awhile. I know alot of players that have not exploited would probably be upset that all there progress is lost, so get that its unlikely we will start over. Maybe we could at least create a second server and leave the first server to the players that continue to exploit the game and those who want to continue all there hardwork for no reason because they will never pass the players that have exploited.

Sad

On a note NOT regarding resetting or making a new server though...

PVP (if its not going to be shut off for awhile here are suggestions)

- There should be some type of bet limit to keep the top player(s) from earning 50% increase over and over again. It basically makes it to where whomever gets to the top first stays at the top forever because they have an endless amount of gold, eggs, and "RARE" monsters.

- A new player just starting out shouldnt be up against the number one player on the game

And last but not least a new feature that should be added to the game is...

Chat!

- A server chat for all the players to talk to each other! Even make it possible to talk in the chat while playing a match so you can throw it on auto and just talk to people for a bit Smile

Apologizing now if I sound repetitive for stating some things I stated in my previous post but I am strongly pushing for change. One of my FAVORITE games but I cant even play it anymore.

Sad

Oh and I almost forgot! For every game, game console, forum, ect... I always make my name YouMayBeSeated or YouMayBeSeatedHD but this game wont let me make a name that long! Maybe we could get a few more letters! Please
02-04-2016, 06:52 PM
@YouMayBeSeatedHD No worries, we're glad someone cares enough about the game to share comments and suggestions Smile The team has been discussing and we may consider some of these in the future (not anytime soon, unfortunately). As for the username, we had to limit to 8 characters because it will affect the game's UI. We hope you understand. Thanks again for the feedback!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)