Poll: Would you be interested in buying real objects modelled on the figurines etc. in Awakening Kingdoms?
Yes - priced $10 or less
Yes - priced $20 or less
Yes - priced $30 or less
Yes - price not an issue
Not interested in this idea
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Real Figurines, Portraits, Amulets, Runes etc.
02-18-2014, 01:57 AM
Real Figurines, Portraits, Amulets, Runes etc.
Hi all, and particularly to the business development lateral thinkers at Boom Zap, if there are any

Though I am not a great player of hidden object games, I have really become enchanted with the Awakening series. The graphics and concepts are lovely.

I am a great collector of knick-knacks and trinkets and an idea has come to my mind that I wonder whether you would put please put some serious thought too.

In Awakening Kingdoms there are various beautifully drawn figurines, runes, portraits, amulets etc. It seems a pity to me that they are just drawings in a game. Have you ever considered creating a product sideline, based on these items, where you sell the actual real figurines etc. that people could collect?

My initial thought would be that an individual figurine might sell for say $20 to $30 each.

I look forward to some considered response to my idea.

Best regards

Philip
Perth, Western Australia

Philip Hunt
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like cuddling101's post:
Monika, SandiUK, unirabbit75
02-18-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Real Figurines, Portraits, Amulets, Runes etc.
Hi Philip! This sounds like fun. It's interesting for us to know that your interest in the Awakening series goes beyond the games! We've also got other fans posting about having films made based on the franchise. (There's a thread in the Dreamless Castle forum with an actual screenplay if you're interested.) Personally I'd like to own plushies of Ran and the Pocket Dragon and some replicas of crests, amulets, etc. We'd love to do this, but it does need some serious research and planning. Thanks for putting up the poll so we can find out if there are other interested players like you. Right now we don't have concrete plans yet for this, but it is definitely exciting if we do push through with it.

Thank you again for being a fan of the series and for your wonderful comments on the games! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes Monika's post:
NoFish Today
07-11-2014, 05:12 AM
RE: Real Figurines, Portraits, Amulets, Runes etc.
I too would like to see collections we could actually touch hold and show off to friends and family from the AK series
So I am replying to get this bumped up again so hopefully more players read and post thier opinion and vote on this matter
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes unirabbit75's post:
Monika

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)