Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would You Buy the Game Soundtrack?
02-06-2014, 03:13 AM
Would You Buy the Game Soundtrack?
To me, I definitely would if they were available to buy them on their own.

For example, Her Interactive sells the soundtracks to their Nancy Drew games. When you buy the game the music is included but there were fans who just wanted the music.

http://www.herinteractive.com/shop.php?t...tab-anchor

I think BoomZap should consider. Their composer Shazrin Saleh has created some beautiful pieces that fit perfectly with the game. My first BoomZap game was Dana Knightstone: Death at Fairing Point. I had watched a video walkthrough on YouTube and wondered who did the music. I saw that BoomZap had released mp3s for that game so I downloaded it. It took me a long time to find out who the composer was. Tracking down Shazrin Saleh by web searching was not easy. XD

I would love to hear more behind-the-scenes on how he composes the music with each game. Do you guys let him compose by himself or do you provide some things you like to hear for the game? For example, in Botanica 1 soundtrack, there are drums. Was that his idea or did you request drums to be used?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Would You Buy the Game Soundtrack?
Hi Baron!
I shared your post with Shaz and he wants to thank you! I'm not sure if he'll be posting here in a while - he's in the zone creating music for upcoming games together with the Sound team. They're happy you enjoyed the music!

We'll be sharing some of the tracks in this forum soon! If you have purchased the game you'll be able to find the files there too. Smile

Normally Shaz (and our other sound designers and composers) would decide on the audio/music direction for a particular sound/song to match a certain scene or area in the game. Sometimes publishers and game designers would have some comments and requests, then the composer/sound designer would revise to accommodate their requirements. This is also the case for other teams in Boomzap. We always give feedback to each other (even if we're working on different projects). Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
04-18-2014, 05:09 PM
I would appreciate it if somebody can tell me where to buy the Flatout soundtrack (not flatout 2), specifically for the song from Kid Symphone "Hands on the Money" If you know a website where I can purchace or a store in New Jersey that you know would have it
04-19-2014, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 04:51 AM by SandiUK.)
One of my favourite pieces is the soundtrack from ElderScrolls "Morrowind" .. Guys you have to listen to it, it is fabulous. Very haunting and gentle and from a video game as well... !!!

(04-18-2014 05:09 PM)falah21 Wrote:  I would appreciate it if somebody can tell me where to buy the Flatout soundtrack (not flatout 2), specifically for the song from Kid Symphone "Hands on the Money" If you know a website where I can purchace or a store in New Jersey that you know would have it

Google Iplayer, emusic and YouTube as well, and I would suggest Amazon too.. Hope this helps.: :heart:heart

Have a great day Heart SandiUK

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)