Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Antique Ideas
02-07-2014, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 01:15 AM by sherrie.)
Antique Ideas
Boomzap would love to know what future collectables and antiques we would like, and Monika has suggested we start a thread.

I'll kick the thread off with my suggestion (copied from another thread) and I'd love to read your suggestions too Smile

I don't know how workable it would be, or if you would ever consider doing it in the future, but I would love to see refurbishable and upgradable collectables! and collectable sets for quests and auctions.

For example quests could want a rose tea set and you need to collect a rose teapot, cup, saucer and sugar bowl, these would make a set usable in the quest and sellable as a teaset at the auction. this could also apply for things like a salt and pepper set or a card collection. Also some items you could find would need upgrading such as a toy missing a wheel, a doll missing some paint or earrings missing a gem, it would cost coins to refurbish, but the upgraded items would be needed to complete a quest and they would be worth more than the un-refurbished items at the auctions.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like sherrie's post:
Monika, PurpleTiger
02-07-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: Antique Ideas
Hi @sherrie! Thanks for starting this thread. Big Grin

We want to know too what kind of antiques you have in your family and the stories behind it! Of course, you're not forced to share since it's personal, but we'd love it if you do and maybe we can feature your special family antique in the game. Big Grin

Sharing a quote I read: "Junk stands and antique markets are the perfect place to pick up clues about the history of a country, region or town." -Judith Miller
Like Post
02-07-2014, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 09:30 PM by sherrie.)
(02-07-2014 04:06 PM)Monika Wrote:  Hi @sherrie! Thanks for starting this thread. Big Grin

We want to know too what kind of antiques you have in your family and the stories behind it! Of course, you're not forced to share since it's personal, but we'd love it if you do and maybe we can feature your special family antique in the game. Big Grin

Sharing a quote I read: "Junk stands and antique markets are the perfect place to pick up clues about the history of a country, region or town." -Judith Miller

I know these are already in the game, but I'd still like to share with you some WW1 Medals that have been in my family for 100 years.
They were awarded to my Grandfather, Fredrick Gallimore in 1914, he was blown up and gassed in the trenches but survived, (he even tried to enlist for WW2 but was turned away because of his injuries) Sadly I never got to meet him as he passed before I was born, his medals were left to me a few years ago when my mum also passed. When I see the medals on the game, it reminds me of these. Here's some photo's

[Image: 10sgduv.jpg]

[Image: x9lhx.jpg]

[Image: 33uyb7a.jpg]
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like sherrie's post:
Monika, SandiUK
02-07-2014, 10:31 PM
@sherrie Wow this is amazing! And I really love the third picture where you have it with the actual game! It's unfortunate that you were unable to meet him, but you must be very proud and really lucky to have these medals as mementos of his heroism. Smile
Like Post
02-07-2014, 11:41 PM
(02-07-2014 10:31 PM)Monika Wrote:  @sherrie .. And I really love the third picture where you have it with the actual game!

Ahh, the truth is, I couldn't stop playing the game long enough to take a picture, so I took one while playing Wink

Glad you liked them Big Grin
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes sherrie's post:
SandiUK
02-08-2014, 12:42 AM
(02-07-2014 11:41 PM)sherrie Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 10:31 PM)Monika Wrote:  @sherrie .. And I really love the third picture where you have it with the actual game!

Ahh, the truth is, I couldn't stop playing the game long enough to take a picture, so I took one while playing Wink

Glad you liked them Big Grin
Haha I'm surprised you have time to post in the forum in between playing! Big Grin
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Monika's post:
SandiUK
02-09-2014, 02:31 PM
(02-07-2014 01:14 AM)sherrie Wrote:  Boomzap would love to know what future collectables and antiques we would like, and Monika has suggested we start a thread.

I'll kick the thread off with my suggestion (copied from another thread) and I'd love to read your suggestions too Smile

I don't know how workable it would be, or if you would ever consider doing it in the future, but I would love to see refurbishable and upgradable collectables! and collectable sets for quests and auctions.

For example quests could want a rose tea set and you need to collect a rose teapot, cup, saucer and sugar bowl, these would make a set usable in the quest and sellable as a teaset at the auction. this could also apply for things like a salt and pepper set or a card collection. Also some items you could find would need upgrading such as a toy missing a wheel, a doll missing some paint or earrings missing a gem, it would cost coins to refurbish, but the upgraded items would be needed to complete a quest and they would be worth more than the un-refurbished items at the auctions.

Sounds like a great idea, but my only critique would be that it sounds very complicated compared to the collections we already have. For example, instead of just collecting 5 plates or stamps or dolls, you would have to collect parts to put together. Isnt that kinda what we already do like in the China Shop or the Toy Shop? I love this game the way it is and I would be cautious recommending any drastic changes. But I do like your idea, maybe adding some new collections that involve putting parts together would be cool and different.
Like Post
02-11-2014, 03:09 AM
Hi @sherrie!

Wow! So you're the owner of these pictures. Monika showed these pictures to the team last Friday, and we were all just "wow" and impressed. You must be proud to have a grandfather who is a decorated hero! Smile (especially he tried enlisting the second time again!)

About the refurbishable and upgradable collectibles-- we've put this in our list of ideas! Thanks! Smile

And thanks for your word of caution, @PurpleTiger we are most certainly considering them in the future (unfortunately not the near future, because our producer will get angry at us if we change the plan :o )
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clariz's post:
sherrie
02-11-2014, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 06:02 PM by PurpleTiger.)
(02-07-2014 09:11 PM)sherrie Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 04:06 PM)Monika Wrote:  Hi @sherrie! Thanks for starting this thread. Big Grin

I know these are already in the game, but I'd still like to share with you some WW1 Medals that have been in my family for 100 years.
They were awarded to my Grandfather, Fredrick Gallimore in 1914, he was blown up and gassed in the trenches but survived, (he even tried to enlist for WW2 but was turned away because of his injuries) Sadly I never got to meet him as he passed before I was born, his medals were left to me a few years ago when my mum also passed. When I see the medals on the game, it reminds me of these. Here's some photo's

[Image: 10sgduv.jpg]

[Image: x9lhx.jpg]

[Image: 33uyb7a.jpg]

WOW! These are really cool! I really love the pic of you holding them in front of the ones in the game. Thanks for sharing these.

Thanks, Monika for posting this quote. This is so true. In fact, I have a B.A. in History and in college we had to do a project like this. We had to find an item and trace its origins through the use of public records and archives. Im from the Southern U.S. so I actually did my project on a strange looking old house that I found boarded up. The old house had a lot of rooms with doors leading outside, sort of like a roadside motel. Turned out it was a boarding house that had been used a hospital for injured soldiers in the U.S. Civil War.
I love antiques and flea markets, as you say perfect places to study a town's culture and ancestry.
Dont have any pictures, but my mom has kept every single toy me or my brother had as kids and also a few of hers. We have everything from old Barbies, Baseball cards, Matchbox cars, original Games, Action figures, 1st Edition Picture Books, just all kind of stuff. One day Ill go through it. Probably a lot of stuff in these Ive forgotten about.
This game really does feel a little like antique shopping, especially in the auction house, Thanks for mentioning this, and Thanks for the Valentines update. Wonderful so far!
Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like PurpleTiger's post:
Monika, sherrie, Clariz
02-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Very interesting! I guess we have to be more careful now on the descriptions of our antiques and game locations knowing that there's History major playing it! Great job researching the history of that old house.

Wonderful antiques you have there! If ever you do come across with them, we'd love to see it too! But so far these are great ideas and we might just include them as new collectibles in the future.

Thanks again for playing. And keep those comments coming! It also helps us in getting ideas on new things and features Big Grin We really couldn't have done it without you all. Wink
Like Post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)