Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A suggestion for adding new cities and min-scenes
04-14-2014, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 06:03 AM by elkwhale.)
A suggestion for adding new cities and min-scenes
Right now it seems like with new updates, we get a new city and ways to open its mini-scenes. I think it would make it more interesting if we got a new city and instead, got to open some mini-scenes in older cities. This would spread the novelty around and re-energize interest in locations that have gotten old and boring. Just a suggestion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like elkwhale's post:
Sweetg12651, SandiUK
04-14-2014, 01:27 PM
RE: A suggestion for adding new cities and min-scenes
Hi @elkwhale! Thank you for your suggestion. Yes we'll be adding new mini-scenes in the older cities. Big Grin May I know what mini-scenes you haven't unlocked yet? If they're already available, maybe we can help you how to open them or we can confirm if they are reserved for a future update. Smile
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Monika's post:
Nana Loona, SandiUK
04-14-2014, 02:43 PM
(04-14-2014 01:27 PM)Monika Wrote:  Hi @elkwhale! Thank you for your suggestion. Yes we'll be adding new mini-scenes in the older cities. Big Grin May I know what mini-scenes you haven't unlocked yet? If they're already available, maybe we can help you how to open them or we can confirm if they are reserved for a future update. Smile

Thanks, Monika, I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on the mini-scenes. But if I'm missing something I'll be sure to let you know.
Like Post
04-20-2014, 08:46 AM
(04-14-2014 01:27 PM)Monika Wrote:  Hi @elkwhale! Thank you for your suggestion. Yes we'll be adding new mini-scenes in the older cities. Big Grin May I know what mini-scenes you haven't unlocked yet? If they're already available, maybe we can help you how to open them or we can confirm if they are reserved for a future update. Smile

Here is my list of cities that haven't unlocked the mini-scenes yet. I didn't start playing until right before Christmas so I would like to know if I missed anything.

Mini-scenes still locked:
Doll Shop in South Dakota
Hotel in Ohio
Carnival in Kansas
Dolores' Barn in New Mexico
Guo Antiques in San Francisco, California
Boat Builders in Hessel, Michigan
Toy Shop in St. Paul, Minnesota
Pensacola, Florida
Oldstein Bank in Arizona
Christmas Alley in Montana

I was also going to write that my Christmas decorations were back in Breezy Bay, but when I looked today, they were gone. Either you guys are ahead of me or I'm hallucinating! LOL Either way, the Easter/Spring decorations look great.

Nana Loona
Like Post
04-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Seems like a lot of players are experiencing the Christmas decor coming and going. Must be some kind of glitch. Mine finally disappeared at the St Pats Day update and they have not come back.
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes PurpleTiger's post:
Nana Loona
04-20-2014, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2014 09:41 PM by SandiUK.)
I have not got the Oldstein Bank site.

I DO haver the

I DO have the Bank (needs her specs again o^o ) <<<<<< and it is maxed out,,, yeesh! lol

Have a great day Heart SandiUK
Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes SandiUK's post:
Nana Loona
04-21-2014, 02:12 PM
For everyone's reference, here are the places which do not have miniscenes available yet:

Doll Shop in South Dakota
Hotel in Ohio
Carnival in Kansas
Dolores' Barn in New Mexico
Guo Antiques in San Francisco, California
Boat Builders in Hessel, Michigan
Toy Shop in St. Paul, Minnesota
Pensacola, Florida
Oldstein Bank in Arizona
Christmas Alley in Montana

So that's everything in your list, @Nana Loona. Oldstein Bank and Christmas Alley HOs were added during the Christmas update, but no miniscenes were unlocked yet, @SandiUK.

@selenityjade there are no Doll Shop miniscenes yet. As for the Candy Shop miniscenes, you should be able to get the quests after you complete Junkyard quest #14.

Meanwhile, we'll check the decorations again @PurpleTiger!
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Monika's post:
SandiUK, Nana Loona
04-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Here are just a few suggestions for cities Id like to see added to the game in future updates. I chose these cities because of a combination of Historical Significance, Obscurity, and Value to the Game. These cities are not necessarily the biggest or most popular, but they are places in the U.S. where one might expect to find a lot of collectibles which define American History and Pop Culture and which seem to fit with the theme of this game.

Hollywood, CA (Movies)
Salem, MA (Halloween)
Cooperstown, NY (Baseball Hall of Fame)
Cleveland, OH (Rock/Roll HOF)
Williamsburg, VA (Colonial USA)
Gettysburg, PA (Major Civil War Battle Site)
French Quarter, New Orleans, LA (Mardi Gras)
Savannah, GA (Southern Colonial/Civil War)
San Antonio, TX (The Alamo)
Pearl Harbor, HI (USS Arizona/ Memorial Day)
Springfield, IL (Lincoln)
St. Augustine, FL (Oldest city in U.S.)
Graceland, Memphis, TN (Elvis, Blues Music)
World Trade Center Memorial, Liberty St, NY (Memorial Day or 9/11)
Muskogee, OK (Cultural Center for the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and Seminole)
Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like PurpleTiger's post:
SandiUK, Monika, Dirk_Tee, elkwhale, Nana Loona
04-21-2014, 05:55 PM
My husband is one quarter Cherokee and he is very proud of his heritage and your suggestions are great indeed!

Have a great day Heart SandiUK
Like Post
04-22-2014, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 02:51 AM by PurpleTiger.)
(04-21-2014 05:55 PM)SandiUK Wrote:  My husband is one quarter Cherokee and he is very proud of his heritage and your suggestions are great indeed!

As I think of more I will post them. I would love to hear what cities others have in mind for the game!
By the way, I purposely left Washington, DC of the list. Because its the capital and the location of most of our nation's historical collectibles and documents, I think it would be inappropriate to include it as an HOS city. It is too obvious, not unique enough I dont think for the game. I think the idea of an American Road Trip is to discover new places, get away from the obvious, find the quirky places, places maybe the rest of the world dont know about.
Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like PurpleTiger's post:
SandiUK, Monika

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)