Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Support for Unfitters
02-15-2014, 03:59 PM
RE: Support for Unfitters
I'm in good old Boston. Snow storms are new to me, though. I moved up from south Florida in the summer. Been there most of my life, the other half in Portugal (Cape Porto, anyone?).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Baron of Braganza's post:
dianna, Pertigal
02-16-2014, 12:50 AM
I grew up in South Florida myself. Miami Beach.

Very sad news regarding our dear friend Tizza. I received the following:

Dear ladies,
News of my daughter Theresa -
I am writing to you, with Ollie's help, as you are listed close contacts in her address book.
We brought her home from hospital last week.
The brain bleed is on and off. It is deep and difficult to operate. She now has seizures. Some days there are no seizures and sometime there are too many.
She has a gastric tube for feeding and catheters for personal uses. We also have compression sleeves on her legs and arms. A nurse comes to bathe her.
After a seizure she is tired and quiet for a long time.
I wish to say thank you for the messages, the cards, all the good wishes. You have been good friends to my girl. Please pass the thank you to all the unfit ladies in the group.

Now, with much difficulty I ask all of you to please remove her name from all the email lists. She cannot respond as she can not read, she does not understand when she looks at a book. When we talk she has no memory. She does not know us, her family some days. There is nothing.
I do not wish people to be upset when emails have no answer. The computer is sitting closed. I do not know how to use it. Ollie has told me the computer mailbox is blocking when she turns it on. We are trying to clear all the messages, there are too many. There are so many friends to say goodbye.
I don't know if my girl will write again. Or be well again. I pray she will recover.
But now the computer will be off, please no more messages as I cannot answer. Ollie is not here always and busy with high school.
Please understand we have to give all our time to make her well and work everyday on the exercises and lessons to bring her back. I even don't know if she will be the same or stay like this. I am very afraid all the time.
I apologise that I am asking friends to stay away, but this is time for me to be with my girl to work on making her better and like she was before.
With many thanks, I am Theresa's mama Marie.
Good blessings to you all.
Find all posts by this user
02-16-2014, 03:21 AM
Baron, I went to Boston once on a business trip and really enjoyed it. We ate at Lockober's, which I hear is gone now. Very sad; the place was historic! And the food was excellent. I'm sure there are plenty of great places to eat in Boston. I hope to get there again some day and spend a little more time. Trying to imagine what you will sound like with a combination Portuguese/Boston accent, lol.
02-16-2014, 08:32 AM
I've never made it as far north as Boston but would love to get a chance to visit that city some day. There are SO many places in the US that are on my list. That accent would definitely be interesting to hear!

We had snow flurries & cold wind most of the day today. Would you believe that it will probably be near 60* by the middle of the week?!? I can hardly wait!
02-17-2014, 12:01 AM
I'm an odd duck. As long as I'm properly dressed, I like the cold. I don't care much for ice though so I'll be happy to see all this melt! I've already had one hard fall...makes me thankful I'm well-padded.

That cold I've been fighting off is on full-strength today. Not sleeping well and feeling draggy. It's going to be a Nyquil night even if I do feel stoned for a day afterwards.
02-17-2014, 06:45 AM
I spent nearly half of my life wading through deep snow & freezing my hiney in subzero temperatures. I moved to the South where that rarely happens & am very happy with that especially as I'm getting older. Just thinking about those kinds of temperatures & wind makes my bones hurt!

Sorry to hear that cold is still hanging around. Did you try Zicam? Some people swear that it makes the cold less severe & shorter in duration. If not, you know the drill - soup, hot toddies, & rest! (((HUGS))) Feel better soon, my friend!
02-18-2014, 02:27 AM
Just sleep and Sudafed. I made DH hot soup and he forgot about it and left it out all night so no ingredients left. Maybe next time we go shopping. I can't eat canned soups. Too much sodium.

Sun is out but the real feel is 10 degrees! Not too hard to stay inside, though I would like to get the pups out. They are antsy after being inside all these days. Played Amaranthine Voyage and The Face of Envy games....particularly liked the first one but both were good. Head is too stuffed up to play strategy games! Can't get them done in time for 3 gold stars.
02-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Thank Heaven it started to warm up a bit today finally! DH & I made a trip to Sam's to replenish the pantry a bit & get a better price on food for Buddy. He get Caesar's for breakfast & Sam's has a multi-pack that is much cheaper than WalMart. They also have a better deal on the English muffins & sandwich rounds that I like.
The crazy thing about our weather is that it was warm enough to get the cars washed & get the salt off them today but we're supposed to get freezing rain tonight. Then mid-60s by Wednesday. It wouldn't surprise me to get more snow next week.
Sorry to hear about the soup. Sad Feel better soon! (((HUGS)))
02-20-2014, 05:18 AM
evening one and all. hope you're all not suffering too much from freezing temps. we're ok here in Edinburgh at the moment.

well the technician came today and replaced motor on our freezer in the large shed at the bottom of our garden. thank goodness it's still under warranty so the only loss we suffered was the frozen meat which thawed and which we threw out. first item on agenda is now to make a very large pot of lentil soup. the freezer section of our fridge/freezer is packed to capacity.

well I'm now nearing the end of the Aveyond last game so once I finish it will be back to #1 Rhen's Quest which I think is the best.

luv and hugs to all.
02-20-2014, 09:11 AM
I think I need to sit with someone who plays those games to figure out how they work. I tried Skyborn and just couldn't figure out what I'm supposed to do after a few minutes. Maybe if I see Lynne again....

Very glad to hear your freezer is repaired. I am hoping to do some cooking this weekend but I am also gearing up to get back on a healthier diet. Saw cardiologist today. Nothing major but sugar is up, LDL slightly higher than she'd like. All borderline but to be watched. She has me adding folic acid supplements to my routine, along with the calcium and omega3 supplements I just started. I'll be popping pills all morning. Thank goodness for the new gummy pills; so much easier to take and actually enjoyable.

I am going to a pot luck Chinese New Year party this Saturday night. Not sure what to bring. We'll see how much time, money and energy I have. I might make my homemade crab rangoon. Lots of work but delicious, though decidedly NOT diet. On the other hand, I have a coupon for my Chinese place so that's an option too.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)