Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Support for Unfitters
10-04-2015, 06:26 AM
RE: Support for Unfitters
I miss you too! My favorite suit (from long ago when I actually would dress up & had a waist) had a boxy jacket that I had tailored like that. I was afraid to do it myself in case I messed up since it would be difficult to do the fitting on myself. Yours sounds lovely & you will find exactly the right thing to go with the suit though as you always look so perfectly put together.
We went to Peebles today to find a blouse for Ginger to wear to the interview with her one good suit & got some great bargains. I bought 3 t-shirts for myself that ended up only costing about $3.50 each, got Alyssa a cute pair of jeans that fit her perfectly (nearly impossible) for less than $9 & got Ginger a blouse originally $50 for $20. I really need to go to Lane Bryant & get some jeans that fit me better than the ones I have, just have to get motivated to spend 45 minutes driving in each direction first.
So sorry about DHs job & computer - never rains unless it pours. Speaking of rain, I hope your weather isn't too awful this weekend! Our yard needed to be mowed on Thursday but it has been too wet. We may need to bring in a baler before it dries off enough. lol

There is a method to my madness! I just don't know what it is yet! Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2015, 08:10 AM
ISN'T IT MONDAY YET???!!!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Where there's a will, I hope I'm in it.:Big Grin
10-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Did some packing tonight. I don't know how I'm going to get everything done before I leave. I've been working so much but we do need the extra cash. Guess I'll just need time when I get back to pack. Working tomorrow but must get to Volunteer Center and do some work before I leave. I have to keep my word. And I haven't even finished one profile (though I'm almost done with one). Also need to do nails, hair etc. Weather is in that in between stage....LAYERS. So have to pack more. ACK!

10-06-2015, 03:59 AM
Ginger said she thought the interview went well but they had a stack of approximately 10 applications in front of them which could have been window dressing. It will be about a week before she hears anything. ACK! We will be nervous wrecks in the meantime.

Pretty weather today which meant mowing. Phooey! The yard looks so much better now though. I'm waiting for hubby to finish the trimming so that we can do the cleaning up & putting away part.

You'll manage to get the most important things finished on time, I'm sure. I hate having to pack extra stuff 'just in case'.

10-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Just read your earlier post. ME? Perfectly put together? Well, aren't you kind. *shocked* I am nothing short of a hot mess these days, believe me.

DH's cousin just passed away unexpectedly at 51. He had some pain in his leg; wife begged him to cancel trip to Europe and get it checked. He ignored her. Turns out he had a blood clot and an infection and then they found a mass in his lung...stage 4 cancer. It was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime for them. DH has survivor's guilt; feels it should have been him. He is very depressed. He is angry I am working so many hours (I think because he DOESN"T). I remind him we need the money and that makes him feel worse. He also doesn't believe I'll be able to find a job in two weeks. *sigh* Not a good day. Lots of little things went wrong and I just got home now from shopping for caterer. I made her buy me stress M&Ms....they were a requirement today. I did get to the volunteer center and finish the first profile, make an appointment for the next interview, and dig up some new prospects. So I feel good about that. I finished going through the rest of the scrapbooks that were pulled out; there are probably more elsewhere.

10-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Yes, you! You might be a hot mess at home but pull it all together very nicely when you go out.

Ginger will have to have a surety bond if she is offered the job. Now I'm worried about that. Sheesh!

So sorry to hear about DHs cousin! Please tell him that I sent condolences for his family. (Lots of stress going on for you guys - it worries me a bit.) Well, it's a safe bet that if you DON'T apply for jobs you won't get one.
Glad you got to the volunteer center. I knew you'd make it. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Heart

10-12-2015, 02:19 AM
I miss my friend!

11-13-2015, 03:44 PM
I still miss my friend & realize I goofed!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)